LIfe after weight loss...

swizzlequeen
on 2/2/13 10:48 am

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2012/dec/07/life-after-extreme-weight-loss

Hello my friends!

I stumbled on this today and I thought that it is lovely, and interesting...hooray for courageous people!!

Her photos are in the black rectangle a short distance from the top of the page.

I loved her definition of happiness...

ParisGirl
on 2/2/13 10:58 am
VSG on 04/25/13
She's a lovely person. I interacted with Julia daily on Twitter. Always helpful to those struggling to lose weight. One day she just 'disappeared', but recently reappeared. I'm glad she's finding success with her artistic interpretation of her weight loss journey. She deserves it.

SFChorus
on 2/2/13 11:29 am - CA

That was very lovely and real.  Thank you for sharing it.

Fiona

Sleeved 12/15/11, 5'1", HW 185, SW 164, CW102

(deactivated member)
on 2/2/13 1:52 pm - CO

It is nice to get a "realistic" view of what our weight loss bodies will probably look like. Not all can afford the plastic surgery we see often. Thank you

LilSleeved
on 2/2/13 1:59 pm

If my body looked as good as hers I would have been extremely pleased.  After losing my first 100lbs, I didn't even look that good.  It think it really depends on how long you've been obese, how many times you have lost and gained, how old you are, what your family genetics is like and what your highest weight was.  Plastics is the only way I could have gotten rid of the skin I had.  I had major health issues related to my excess skin post WLS.  I paid cash and went out of the country for my surgery and have no regrets.  For a third of the price, I had excellent care.

Lost 271lbs with my LapBand in 22 months!  My Band malfunctioned and I gained almost 42lbs and then revised to the Sleeve 9/24/12!  I lost another 140 lbs with my Sleeve!  Loved the LapBand and Lovin' The Sleeve!

chanteuse1
on 2/2/13 9:35 pm - LA
VSG on 09/05/12

So truthful, so thoughtful, so brave!  Thank you for sharing.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 149 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 423 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 442 views