Was just wondering??

LeighAnne89
on 1/27/13 2:34 am - KY

Has anyone had a lot of pain in there joints since having surgery, I mean to the point of it being hard just to get in and out of bed or up and down off the couch? It seems if I am sitting I'm fine nothing more than a dull ache or after I get up and start moving around I'm okay it is just when moving the joints.

happyteacher
on 1/27/13 2:38 am

Nope.  Try a little extra vitamin c.  Joint issues can be caused from inflamation, and vitamin c can help with that.  Just a shot in the dark!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

AnnieinIA
on 1/27/13 2:57 am
Yes, I have had this problem - although it really only happens when I sleep....not other times. I don't yet have a clear picture of what's causing it, but it might be related to some rather unsettling labs I have gotten lately. I am not trying to scare you, of course. There is no reason to believe you would have the same health problems I seem to be having.

I am just trying to encourage you to talk to your doc about this or any other problem you experience.

Best to you. Annie
LeighAnne89
on 1/27/13 3:04 am - KY

Thanks, it seems for me if it can go wrong it will and I have been dealing with this for over 2 weeks now. I plan on seeing my doctor in the next 2 weeks or so I don't have insurance so it makes it hard sometimes to just get up and go to the doctor and have tests run but it looks like I am going to have to. 

pineview01
on 1/27/13 8:41 pm - Davison, MI

Don't you have a set schedule for getting labs?  I have to at 1 wk, 1 month, 6 month & 1yr to start.  I just get the order called to the lab and don't even see doc.  They send to doc how goes over them and calls with results, no office call.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

AnnieinIA
on 1/27/13 3:21 am
Overall. My body feels incredibly better after losing almost 60 lbs since surgery. That is why it is so puzzling to have this pain. I understand the struggle if you don't have insurance, but your doc may have some options to look at before ordering expensive tests. My issues are still being explored, so even I don't know for sure.

Annie
LeighAnne89
on 1/27/13 4:09 am - KY

I hope it turns out to be nothing serious for you. 

Teasha1
on 1/27/13 8:47 am
VSG on 06/04/12
I was having a lot of pain in my joints and feet. I was checked for uric acid and sure enough it was high = chronic gout. I am taking alluprinal and making sure I get a least 12 glasses of water a day and more if I can do it. I never got the red swollen joints common with gout so for me that was not a symptom. Good luck and I hope u feel better soon. Remember get lots of water to help flush your kidneys. Gout is quite common with rapid weight loss.

Dr. Sauceda future patient  - body will be by Sauceda!

Surgery 4 Jun 12 Dr Ponce de Leon in Mexico I was down 57 lbs prior to surgery.

Lynnegetsbrave
on 1/27/13 10:31 am

Have your vitamin levels checked...it could be as simple as low calcium or low vitamin D...low vitamin D can cause lots of pain.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 392 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 423 views