Oh no! Toothache today surgery tomorrow!

Micmac2
on 11/5/12 4:34 am

What to do? I think  I can manage the pain (esp since I will get pain meds tomorrow right?) Do I tell them or just say something after it bothers me.  I most likely need it pulled its a bad one ;0( I have put it off awhile now and of course NOW it starts hurting.  Sometimes though it seems like my teeth on bottom and top hurt, I was thinking it was from all the cold liquids and then hot I was drinking.  Anyone have sensitive teeth before surgery? I really dont want to postpone cuz of some stupid tooth!

Micmac2
on 11/5/12 4:36 am

BTW Im totally freaking out today as well.  Cleaning my house like a mad woman.  Ive been way calm  up until now!

acbbrown
on 11/5/12 4:45 am - Granada Hills, CA

I dont know but im in the same F*N boat!! I have surgery in 11 days....and my tooth is killing me.  Unless you have an infection, you should be fine to deal with it after. 

Try toothpaste for sensitive teeth - ive found it helps a little. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

(deactivated member)
on 11/5/12 4:52 am - Musquash, NB, Canada
VSG on 10/02/12

I have a problem with my teeth. Since I was little, I had next to no enamel and my teeth require a lot of special help LOL Anyway, when I get tooth pain, I swish with warm (as warm as you can stand) and salt. I helps numb the pain, although it may bring you to your knees for about a minute... but the pain dissipates after that. I would not postpone either. Good luck tomorrow!!

Danielle

downhome
on 11/5/12 6:31 am

Some docs will not perform surgery if there is an open "wound" that could cause a problem.  I would call your surgeon and see what they tell you.  By the way, I am a dentist.

valentinoAB
on 11/5/12 11:05 pm
I had a root canal one week before surgery and had to be put on a higher pain killer and antibiotic 2 days before due to infection but doc was fine to work on me the antibiotics and pain killers did not affect surgery!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 87 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 301 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 348 views