Unexpected consequence

ksommer08
on 10/14/12 10:53 am - OH
VSG on 06/25/12
I know for many people, losing weight makes them look younger. Being that I'm only 27 and didn't feel like I looked old to begin with, I really didn't expect that to be something that happened for me. Now all of the sudden I can't buy alcohol or cough syrup unless I have my ID on me and I actually got turned away from an 18 and over event at a bar this weekend because I didn't have my ID with me!

I didn't really understand it, but as I look at some pictures that were taken of me today, I can totally see it. I look so young now - almost like I'd fit in with the high school kids. Not exactly sure that was what I had in mind, but I guess I'll take it.

louisamay
on 10/14/12 11:15 am
VSG on 04/27/12
You'd better keep that ID handy girl. Keep losing and they might think you're not old enough to cross the street without somebody holding your hand!

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

starry957
on 10/14/12 1:43 pm
Um....ENJOY!!!!!  I only hope that I end up looking younger post-op (well, a few months post-op anyway)
Congrats!

January 8th, 2013 - VSG with Dr Paul Sullivan (St Joe's Toronto)

(deactivated member)
on 10/14/12 6:18 pm - Canada
VSG on 08/16/13
 biggest thing that i noticed is that vsg people look a lot healthier and younger post op than people who lose weight the old fashioned way.  i think that has so much to do with our protein obsessions lol.  i've never met someone on a diet who was so concerned with protein and i think that really screws up their skin and muscles (so their faces just look gaunt and old, where as ours are glowing and round still, which as we know that apple cheek thing makes you look so young)
TSinNC
on 10/14/12 10:19 pm
VSG on 08/16/12
 That is a fun side effect!

fooh.pngTina

Follow my journey at www.TinaRebooted.com  Blog, Recipes, Product Reviews, and more!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 136 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 394 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views