3 days post-op

Addie C.
on 10/4/12 2:38 am - TX
VSG on 10/01/12
 I have to say I was not expecting this much pain not sure what I was expecting honestly. Everyday seems better I walk as often as i can and drink G2 and water, eat a little sf jello and broth. My head is like it is always on the brink of being painful. I am trying to get of the pain meds as much today. I can't wait to start losing weight and working out. Since surgery I have lost like 4to5 lbs but no more and that has been off since Tuesday evening I told my husband it probably be cause I swollen in time it will show more. he said I am so ready for you to not hurt, it is breaking his heart to see me in pain. I can't believe that I am sleeved! Look forward to the out come of this journey.

NeedsSleep
on 10/4/12 3:31 am - IL
VSG on 09/20/12
 Be patient!  i'm 15 days post op and my coordinator told me not to even worry about the scale till at least 30 days out because it takes that long to get all the IV liquids out of your system.

I had a REALLY bad time with the surgery too.  Some do good, some not so good.  I was one of the "not so good" ones but it goes away quickly.  I got off my pain meds probably about 5 days post op.  I feel good now, just very little energy.  Today is my first day back on protein shakes, it's been clear liquids to this point.  I'm hoping to get my energy back now!

Good luck and keep us posted!!

HW: 292 - SW: 237 - GW: 165

(the first 55 lbs. was from Weight Watchers, over 2 years)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 126 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 359 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 406 views