Paying for plastics... getting creative??

furiosmommy
on 6/8/12 6:30 am - Phoenix, AZ
 I'll repost this on the plastics board as well, but I was wondering if anyone has had any success in paying for the plastics in a creative way (not cash pay and not credit). Has anyone had luck with getting people to donate towards your plastics, or have someone else pay for them all together? Sort of a weird question to ask, I just feel like there must be another way. I stay home full time with my three kids and after the bills are paid there is just no extra to save. I'm looking into a home party/home based type business (pampered chef, gold canyon etc.) to help myself earn a little extra but be able to still stay home. I was curious to see if anyone has any suggestions. I'm 28 and REALLY tired of my boobs looking like they belong to a 90 year old (no joke, they are super sad).

~ Nikki ~  Loving my rad new life!
VSG 1/4/2011

Lost 150lbs, gained back 50lbs.

Back on track and hope to

compete as a Powerlifter soon!!

melz1974
on 6/8/12 7:01 am
VSG on 07/10/12
I say this jokingly...please don't take offense. 
One of my girlfriends wants boobs (she's thin and has never had them).  She said "$5 to look, $10 to touch & $25 to taste"  was how she was going to pay for hers. 

Seriously...I hope you find a way!  Good Luck!
furiosmommy
on 6/8/12 7:06 am - Phoenix, AZ
 lol, that's too funny! I did have someone tell me to strip for it. But I REALLY doubt anyone would want to see all of this... besides that, I don't think my Husband would enjoy that too much

Definately creative though!

VSG 1/4/2011

Elaine2
on 6/8/12 7:29 am, edited 6/8/12 7:29 am - Atlanta, GA
I'm not a big fan of getting donations or having someone else pay for PS. If it were an emergency or even WLS---different matter--- as I consider it to be a lifesaver. Just my opinion.

That said, I know allot of people doing virtual customer service and sales from home. They work hours around their family commitments and I even have a friend who will work from 3AM-6AM before she goes to her regular FT job.  You do what you have to do to earn the $$$$.

Here's some info on legit work from home sites. It's an old article but lists the name of some companies involved.
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/TakeControlOfYourLife/tory-johnson s-work-home-tips/story?id=2621388

furiosmommy
on 6/8/12 7:32 am - Phoenix, AZ
 Thanks for the link Elaine. I have checked into a couple of those but I need to check into more of them. 

Also, I know what you mean. I feel awkard asking for donations for something that isn't medically necessary. 

I do also make and sell hair accessories at www.lemonberrykiss.com if anyone is interested!

VSG 1/4/2011

Elaine2
on 6/8/12 7:35 am - Atlanta, GA
Have you looked at etsy.com for your creations?  Someone told me it gets traffic but I don't know the terms or anything. Just a thought.
furiosmommy
on 6/8/12 7:44 am - Phoenix, AZ
   I actually used to sell on there quite a bit but I got tired of paying to list then paying when something sold. Facebook was easier for a while, but I'm debating on going back to Etsy for the traffic. I think I'd have a better shot. I'll have to list a few items and see how it goes again. 

VSG 1/4/2011

scarlettbegonias
on 6/8/12 10:49 am - Australia
RNY on 10/19/12
Get a pinterest board going to link back to them you might get some traffic that way as well
prevsgcrys
on 6/8/12 3:14 pm - OH
I am a nurse and I sell gold Canyon Candles..that is a great money maker as they are THE VERY BEST CANDLES in the world!!!
MyOwnSunshine
on 6/8/12 4:31 pm, edited 6/8/12 4:31 am
I find the idea of soliciting "donations" for plastic surgery a bit distasteful.

Couldn't you just get a part-time job working a few weeknights and a weekend day each week? I'd think you'd have your money within 6 months or so. It would give your husband an opportunity to have some quality parenting time with your kids as well. Many, if not most, families have two parents that work outside the home and parent equally. It's certainly not impossible, and I think you would have your money a lot quicker than trying to have a party business or selling crafts online.
" I am not at all concerned with appearing to be consistent. In my pursuit after Truth I have discarded many ideas and learnt many new things."  Ghandi            
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 136 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 394 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views