Skin Fold over - Bacterial Maintenance

Pooch2
on 4/2/12 1:59 pm
I am really starting to battle bacteria under the folds of my sagging belly skin and between my legs... This is starting to become a daily battle and I am barely wining.   I am going to list what I have tried in order of importance, I would love to hear what helps or helped you..

1.)  The best has been a prescription powder called Nystop and Nystain powder is the active ingredient, this stuff is like $19 for 15 grams of the stuff....they think its cocaine or something but it does work and is probably the best...(maybe like 8 applications)

2) My hospital sent me home with 4 oz bottle of Betasept surgical scrub, to scrub clean my tummy area the night before surgery and I had some left over and tried it post surgery on the areas and found it helped me alot, so I my pharmacy order some and I wash the area every morning with it, when I shower and that has really helped to make much less of the powders 1 + 3 work better...Chlorhexidine Gluconate 4% is the active ingredient. This stuff is $9 for an 8 oz bottle that I am sure will last me a good month.  (best bang for the buck for me, not perfect)

3.)  The next one is a powder called Zeasorb-AF (over the counter but hard to find) and it works pretty good, better now with the Betasept but its still like $15 for 2.5 oz of powder, not quite as good as the Nystop but cheaper. Miconazole Nitrate 2% is the active ingredient.

4.  Witch Hazel, used to take care of me last year, its cheap but is almost no help now...

Lastly, I have tried every other over the counter cream and spray at Walmart and my pharmacy and they have all been worthless for me compared to these.    So whats working for you?
HW: 425    SW: 337   CW: 262 GW: 217 (surgeon)  
Pre-surgery loss; 88 lbs (mostly in my required 6 month insurance class)
acbbrown
on 4/2/12 2:02 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 I have tried every anti fungal, anti bacterial, steroidal this and that....nystop is the only thing that has given me any relief, but I'd have to use it every day, twice a day, to keep the rash away...and it's not practical so I just suffer. I usually wait until the skin inflammation is bad enough that...well, you get the idea. 

I CANT WAIT to get my stomach chopped off. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Pooch2
on 4/2/12 2:13 pm
I hear you, I am doing my best to have my doctor document my battle because my insurance will not pay for it, unless there has been a history of problems and then they will only pay for the simple folder over cut, not the 360 or other body parts so....oh well, I will fight that battle another day...   I hope somebody has some magic cream but we agree on the Nostop...
hwag5149
on 4/2/12 2:06 pm
Is this for the moistness that gets trapped? I feel like as I'm losing I have much less of that issue but apparently I'm going to have it again as the skin gets loose. Eek! I can't wait....

HW 380.8+  SW- 371.4  CW- 234.4  GW- 200 

Pooch2
on 4/2/12 2:16 pm

Yea and then it irritates the skin and is itchy and if I don't treat it, it burns, its better then the weight but its a pain... I don't really know if its yeast or bacteria or both but I am war with it... 

acbbrown
on 4/2/12 2:17 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 If you can see the dermatologist, they can run a culture so it can help you find or eliminate treatments. I kept taking anti fungals but the culture showed it was a bacterial infection (anti biotics didnt seem to work though..lol). 

~~~~Alison~~~~~

acbbrown
on 4/2/12 2:16 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 If I get brave, I might take some pics of my stomach to show the loose skin, but I have two folds that basically seal the moisure in, and between that and chafing, the rashes are not pretty. I could live with the rashes if they didn't smell so damn bad, but I guarantee you, it will be a long while before any men are coming near my stomach hahaha. It's not that hard to control, but its a freaking pain. 

~~~~Alison~~~~~

hwag5149
on 4/2/12 2:27 pm
You can be brave enough to send them to me considering we have girl crushes on each other ;) Do you have a before pic of your stomach? I'd like to see the progression. As of now I don't know how I'm going to turn out but My arms are horrific already yet still somewhat firm with fat. My thighs are still firm with fat but the top layer has loose skin and when I shake it I've never seen anything like it.

To Pooch- I heard that when they do a regular tummy tuck they will often throw in other procedures for pretty cheap. I will truly need a breat lift and reduction, tummy tuck all the way around and my arms and thighs.

Pooch2
on 4/2/12 2:35 pm
Ok, thanks, I will try to negotiate it...I thought about that and said well if the insurance pays for X, I will kick in Y to get the 360 but I didn't know if they would play that game with me... wont be until next year until I can think about all this....
hwag5149
on 4/2/12 2:30 pm
I wonder if this is the same pain Ive felt for many years under my breasts. chapped skin but moist at the same time, raw, painful. Making you want to put paper towels there. I get that same feeling between my legs and privates too.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 145 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 417 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 437 views