trying to stop self medicating with food

Softballgal73
on 3/28/12 1:18 am, edited 3/28/12 1:21 am

I am 4 months pre op. I feel pretty good about the progress that I’ve made. However, I am very concerned about a problem that I know I have not completely solved.  I have come to realize that in the past, I have always been a person that likes to numb feelings with food.  I have a pretty good life, nothing too bad…but normal stress and anxiety related to a busy life. It amazes me how I have used food as a drug. I feel have a good jump on realizing what the problem is, and acknowleging that I need to take additional steps to deal with it. When I attended weekly Weigh****cher meetings years ago, it helped me to lose a lot of weight. The behavior strategies that were fresh on my mind from the meetings really worked. I need something similar in an accelerated form! Anyone heard of the Beck Diet Solution? Any other websites that you know of, etc that I could begin to study?  I do come here often and read the posts.  Thanks in advance

Softballgal73
on 3/28/12 1:48 am
Wow, I just found the Beck Diet Solution group on here, I'm going to check it out!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 289 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 341 views