Newbie looking for advice and support

Sshonda
on 3/26/12 2:44 am, edited 3/26/12 3:56 am - IL
Was considering lapband but after doing research on VSG I think thats the best wls for me. Scared out of my mind and dont have much family support because they are against me considering surgery. They think I can do it on my own but thats easy said then done especially coming from people who dont have a weight loss problem. I have a history of blood clots and anxiety so has anyone have a history of clots before surgery and have anyone who had problems with anxiety got worse or better after surgery. Haven't had a clot in 14 years and is currently off my meds because my doctor dont think I need it anymore after taking it for 10 yrs so far ive been off for 3months
Traci M.
on 3/26/12 4:16 am - CT
VSG on 03/13/12
Hey there welcome.Yes I have a history of blood clot appox 8 yrs ago was on coumidin for awhile. B4 I had my vsg the doc put a ivc filter in me.If a clot were to form it would be blocked by the filter so it wouldn't be able to travel to your heart or lungs. THey also give you sots of hemprin in your stomach when your in the hospt.Also they give you leg massagers.My doc took every precaution that was available.I don't think any doc is going to willingly take a chance with someones life if they weren't a good canadate.If you have anything else your concernd about your more than welcome to personel message me anytime.This is a great forum I learn a lot from here.Best luck to you! Remember anytime hit me up

Traci

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 136 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 396 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 425 views