B&A - a pic I had never seen before.

Kristy R.
on 2/8/12 7:19 am - Santa Clara, CA
 Hi everyone.  I haven’t been on here for a while.  Super busy with work and junk.  I am approaching my 1 year mark.  I am about 20 pounds from the goal my surgeon and I set.  I have met my health objectives, so the additional weight loss is just a bonus for a smaller pant size, heh.   I will get there.  I was starting to feel very tired, so I am eating some additional carbs for now.  I need to up my exercise to compensate.  It’s a vicious cycle!  A couple of weeks ago, a friend of a friend posted some pictures from my friend’s wedding.  The wedding was 3 years ago, I had never seen these pictures – she just now got around to posting them.  I was shocked at how I looked.  This was at a weight higher than the 240 I was before surgery.  I don’t know the weight, because I know at the time I wanted nothing to do with looking at a scale.  Below is one of those pictures, and a recent picture of me.  I can’t even believe it.  This was such reinforcement for me that I made the absolute right choice.  Not that I doubt it, but this was quite the reminder.  Best wishes to everyone. 

~Kristy~ VSG 3/29/11 ~ 15 pounds lost pre-op, SW - 240/GW - 150

lucy2e
on 2/8/12 7:26 am - Laurel, MD
 Wow - looking AWESOME!!!  And everyone says it, but so true - you look much younger!

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

onemoretry
on 2/8/12 7:35 am - GA
VSG on 03/21/12
You look like a different person! Wishing you continued success....
HT: 5'4"      HW: 251  SW: 237  CW: 172 GW: 135 
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
"You can control how much water you drink, how much protein/carbs/cals you consume, and how much you exercise. FOCUS on those and not the scale, because no matter how hard we try, we do not control the scale." ~  acbbrown

isabellarossellini
on 2/8/12 7:53 am
 you look wonderful! mazel tov!
thethinme
on 2/8/12 7:53 am - NY
wow you look amazing and like a totally different person.

I so understand how you're feeling. I came across a pic of myself pre-op (haven't looked at any for over a year) and was totally shocked! it's crazy how we get so used to ourselves fat that we kind of don't realize how we look while at it... and then when we lose the weight, we get used to our thinner selves and are super surprised to see how we looked before :)

congrats on making the right choice and for the new you!

SW 215=98 | GW 137=62 | CW: 116 lbs = 52.5 kg | 5'4 | lost: 99 lbs=45 kg | goal: 7-9 mo.

BJUpNorth
on 2/8/12 8:02 am - MN
You look fabulous. Keep working on those last 20 pounds. They will be gone before you know it. Just remember this is not a race this is a life style and you want to live with it forever.

Congratulations on your beautiful journey so far!!

Brenda

EmilyUT
on 2/8/12 8:02 am - UT
Can you even believe the difference a year makes? You have rocked that sleeve and look amazing! Even better that your health issues have been resolved. Enjoy your new life and thanks so much for sharing!!

~Emily

KSqtpie
on 2/8/12 8:06 am - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 07/09/12
You look fantastic!! I just had an embarrassing photo moment today. My employee snapped a photo of me while I was presenting in a meeting, just because he was trying to be funny. Well, he got a funny one... a photo of me half-eyed with my head down, so I had huge double chin thing going on. Yeah, I was embarrassed and in the past I probably would have been upset. But today I was grateful because I am sooooo going to use that as one of my before pics!!! Lol. keep up the great work!
Happy966
on 2/8/12 8:34 am

Oh thank you for posting these pics!!  You look so good, so happy in your own skin.  I don't think I would have recognized that these two women were the same person if I hadn't known.  Thanks for the inspiration!!

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

Maria P.
on 2/8/12 10:38 am
VSG on 01/09/12
Ditto! You look incredible! Imagine if you hadn't had the VSG? What would life be like now? I can't wait to be in your shoes this time next year. You're an inspiration to me!
5'3"  Age 38

HW: 216
Month 1: 20.6
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 399 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 426 views