What was your first mushie after surgery?

Softballgal73
on 1/7/12 8:48 am
I am absolutely about to lose my mind. I go back to my stage 2 diet class on Tues where they will start us on what they call stage 2.....eggs, cheese, tuna, chicken, refried beans. I am soooo hungry right now. I have struggled more today than any other day. I have been thinking a lot about what I will try on stage 2. Wondering which one of the above foods agreed with you the best first?
HogRider
on 1/7/12 8:54 am - Jacksonville, FL
 Kentucky Fried Chicken mashed potatoes and gravy.  (just a small one) Don't flame me.  Only did it once.  But damn it was good.
USAF Retired                     CW: 257 SW: 341  GW :170
Kitty1975
on 1/7/12 9:01 am - Canada
Funny for me but it was cheese. Melted cheese of course. Sadly the first food i could only stomach for a bit was mashed potato. Which probably slowed my progress down though. But i knew i had to eat something. Actually hard boiled eggs still sometimes dont sit well in my stomach and i am a year out.

what do you wanna be when you grow up little girl? i wanna be a loser and sit on the bench sir! (45 lbs lost pre op) 300lbs starting weight, currently 141lbs! Lowest has been 135lbs and hoping to get back to that.
Softballgal73
on 1/7/12 9:02 am
Mashed potatoes and gravy sound great. I put an m&m in my mouth and let it disolve the other day:( LOL..... I just hate to go back to work (as a teacher) and go through trial and error with these foods. I realize I may not have much of a choice but to try them. Just wondering which one of them agree with most people? I just remembered we can have cottage cheese too.
(deactivated member)
on 1/7/12 9:13 am - Southeast, TX
refried beans mixed with skim milk, with cheddar cheese....YUMMMMO
I could not remember EVER tasting anything so good before in my life. LOL

Healthier2011
on 1/7/12 9:51 am
refried beans (Pulverized in the food processor) I would "process' a whole large can at a time but would have enough for a week (lunch and dinner) topped with Taco Bell taco sauce and shredded cheese on top.  I would heat it in the microwave at work and enjoy. 

I'm a little over a year out and it's still good!  I could only eat at the most 1/2 cup at a time.

Hope this helps.  Yes cottage cheese was good too with a little cinnamon applesauce!
Softballgal73
on 1/7/12 9:53 am
Will definitely remember to try the refried beans! Sounds so good right now. When did you guys try tuna salad?
Healthier2011
on 1/7/12 10:10 am
Tuna salad, chicken salad, and turkey salad are all good, and takes very little to fill me up!  But very good in protein!
Zedsmummy
on 1/7/12 10:11 am - Canada
 Scrambled eggs were my first mushy and it did not go well. I was so excited to eat them I shoveled them in and they went down like a pile of rocks. I can handle them now thank goodness.
              Sleeved by Dr. Kelly, Tijuana BC Mexico, Decemeber 7th 2011.

Regine50
on 1/7/12 10:15 am - WA
Refried beans are too hard for me to swallow. 
I ate oatmeal, cream of wheat, eggs, cheese. make it plain and simple, whatever is soft, i did eat. even though I am pasy stage two (had surgery 11/23.2011) i am still on somewheat mushy foods. I also had a huge hiata hernia, which makes  it super hard to swallow. just make sure you do your vitamins and drink your fluids. Triaal and error on my end.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 290 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 342 views