Need a reality check.

atomic_bettie
on 12/25/11 3:24 pm - OK
Eff, I've been so bad lately, and I don't know how to get back on track.  I remember when I was so balls to the wall when it came to my sleeve.  I planned my meals, stayed on top of my water, etc, etc, etc.  I've lost my way.  I keep eating crap I know I shouldn't.  I'm still losing, but I feel like a failure.  Sometimes I wish I didn't have my surgery because I miss not caring.  

I don't even know why I'm writing this.  I suppose for accountability.  Just need someone to tell me to ******' stop it and get back on track. 
Visit my WLS blog:  themisfitscarlett.blogspot.com                                    
acbbrown
on 12/25/11 3:37 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 You gotta find your "why" - the reasons you did this to begin with. And you need some goals. Unless you have something you're working towards, you might feel like your lost. 

The whole diet mentality of planning, weighing and tracking can get tiring, but I view it as my job, and not optional so I haven't really wavered from it since
I had surgery 6 months ago. But then again, I also want something more than I want food so it helps keep me on track. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Kim_M
on 12/25/11 4:03 pm - LaPorte, TX
And you have ir in writing the best person who could tell you you just did yourself@@@I think it is  a phase also I lost 100 and went thru the same slump you will get back on board

First month since VSG 33  2nd 14 lbs 3rd12lbs 4th10lbs 5th10lbs 6th 9lbs 7th 13lbs 8th 13 lbs  9th 2 10th 6 11th bounced 175-180 12th  bounced  13th 2 lb cw(164)      
dailey1456
on 12/25/11 5:01 pm
 it's easy to get back into old habits I have cheated a few times as well over the holidays I would suggest get to a support meeting if u can every week if u need to.. I love going every Thursday if I can make it.. good luck stay on the board and you'll be fine... 
Stephanie M.
on 12/25/11 8:05 pm
 Are you in therapy? You need to find out why you're self sabotaging, and get to the root of why you're eating in the first place. The surgeon took care of your stomach. You need to be the one to take care of your head.

Good luck, and remember to treat yourself gently. We've all felt enough shame about our eating to last a lifetime.

High weight: 276

Lowest weight: 155.2

Currently : 159-164

Couch potato to runner in 18 months!                         

abrown8434
on 12/25/11 9:01 pm - VA
I understand. I believe that a lot of people, I dare to say most, don't stick to the regimin as strict as they did when they first came out of surgery. I found myself doing that somewhat and that is when I  knew I had to kick it back up in gear!

I see too many people who get this done, lose lots of weight, look wonderful and then gain it all back and then some!!!! I refuse to fail. I started thinking about why I had this done in the first place and the number of hours I put in the gym and that was enough. I really feel like VSG requires the mindset of an athlete where you eat and do what you have to do to reach your goal and the heck w/the rest!

Do I ever have a few bites of dessert or a chip here and there? Yes. However, that's all I have--2 or 3 chips, 2 or three bites of dessert or some other treat. That is after eating low carbs, high protein all day and making room for those bites. I still make sure that everything fits into the doctor's carb, protein & caloric guidelines and I work my fanny off.

You can do it; you're not too far gone! You just must change your mindset because you want your body to be as healthy as possible. We already eat so little that if you keep putting too much crap into your body it will not have the fuel to keep you going and then you risk the chance of getting sick or have nutritional deficiences and we don't want to go there! VSG should give you happy results; not traumatic ones!

Best of luck to you. You can do it!  

HW: 550+     SW: 502      CW: 342.4  SDt: 9/20/11

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--
Philippians 4:13, KJV

fypcdqt
on 12/25/11 10:51 pm - Cumming, GA
Realizing you need to stop and turn it around is a huge step.  You know it, you just need to do it.  We are here to help, but we can't change your habits for you.

Try resetting your system by going back to the liquids phase and start from square one.  Work through the phases the same way you did post op, for the same amount of time.  See if that helps you jumpstart your resolve.

You can do this.  I know you can!

Amy

happyteacher
on 12/25/11 11:08 pm
 I am not where near as far along the process as you, but when I get into a funk the first thing I need to do is remove all of the crap food from the house and avoid going to places where crap food is plentiful.  I love the suggestion of restaring the liquid phase like it was post surgery.

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

atomic_bettie
on 12/26/11 12:43 am - OK
Thanks guys.  I have thought about restarting the process....or at least the very least do the five day pouch test.  Don't get me wrong, it's not like I'm stuffing my face with carbs.  However, I have been reintroducing them in.  My main food source is still protein; but, I've been eating potatoes.  Not a lot, but a couple bites here and there.  During the holidays I did eat a lot of desserts...but now that they are gone I don't have the "want" to eat them.  I'm just scared that I'm justifying the reason I'm eating them at the time.  Right now I know that I can control myself because there isn't much room in my sleeve to do any harm.  I'm just afraid down the road that that couple of bites of potato now is going to turn into the whole damn potato.  I really need to see about getting into therapy.  I don't feel depressed per se, but my concentration isn't what it use to be, my tolerance for bull**** is nill, and I don't care about things that I once did (my school grades for example).  Wow....I just named three classic signs of depression lol....yay for all those semesters of Psychology.  I just saved myself at least $500 :).  
Visit my WLS blog:  themisfitscarlett.blogspot.com                                    
(deactivated member)
on 12/26/11 1:32 am
I think you just answered your own question in the most honest way possible.  You are depressed and that is why you are having trouble focusing on weigh loss.  It makes perfect sense. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 136 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 394 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views