Just Over Two Years OUT

Brandi D
on 9/28/11 7:56 pm
I just wanted to post. I haven't posted since I went on this  big bragging kick about going to rehab to finally battle some psychological issues and addiction transfers. The Davis Clinic was tremendous for me.. and pulled some strings... and did great things for me.... BUT... I got to rehab and realized my mental health issues were far worse than my addiction issues...

I learned I was a codependent mofo.... and drug addiction.. and obesity were all catalysts/tools for self harming when I felt insecure about being alone or codependent.

Battling codependency whilst in the midst of crashing your financial life into the ground and losing everyone around you.. can be a mother****** But I'm getting there. It's day by day. Step by step.

I learned to not beat myself up.. and to forgive so many things..

I started this journey at 272lbs. I'm now 165lbs.

"If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning." ~Aristotle Onassis
(deactivated member)
on 9/28/11 8:10 pm - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Hooray babyB!!! You have been on my heart and I am so glad you are good!!
Marie B.
on 9/28/11 8:52 pm - Pitman, NJ
VSG on 09/20/10 with
Good for you lady.  I wish you years of continued success and happiness.
Highest weight ever recorded: 224lbs.    Surgery weight: 194 lbs.
Goal range:  130-135 lbs.
  Lowest:119.7   Current weight 142lbs Height: 5' 2" almost

Shershe793
on 9/28/11 9:26 pm - Blanchard, OK
glad to see your doing better and facing your battles with positivity.. keep up the good work!
 HW 327 CW 231 GW 140 Surgery August 2nd, 2011..                     
Happy966
on 9/28/11 9:36 pm

Brandi!  I am so glad to hear you are okay, getting better.  It's good to hear from you.

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

Mommy2Girls
on 9/28/11 10:17 pm
Congrats on your loss! I am glad you are getting the help you need, and giving yourself a break. May you continue down this path and may brighter days be ahead of you!
-8lbs lost during the 6 month insurance hoop jumping,
the rest is since surgery.

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 9/28/11 11:59 pm
 glad you are back, Brandi  & big hugs to ya.  you are FAR from alone, these issues affect many if not most of us - but things can be dealt with as you say - day by day, step by step.

keep posting!  

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

sleevegirl
on 9/29/11 12:08 am - Austin, TX
Glad to hear you are doing well. AND, more importantly, you are gaining self-awareness. I think that's probably the hardest part of this whole big nasty journey. ((HUGS))

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Maintaining Cindy
on 9/29/11 12:25 am
Well Hello There Stranger!

It is so good to see you again, I think of you often...

I am so proud of you for working on the inside, after working so hard on the outside.  You are an incredible lady, on an incredible journey of self discovery.

Big hugs, hope you stick around and post more often.

Cindy

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views