Dandruff??

Spiritus
on 9/29/11 1:31 am - Hawthorne, CA

Howdy OH family!

Have a strange question.....how many of you have developed dandruff since surgery?  My hair really isn't straw dry or even oily, like it once was...but the dandruff is terrible!  I use Head and Shoulders and it only removes an insignifigant amount. I am telling you, it's snowing in the L.A. area....when I went through the Wendy's drive-thru for a small chili (no crackers/cheese or onions) the manager told me I have "white stuff" on my jaw and shoulder!!

percheron
on 9/29/11 2:19 am
I haven't dealt with the dandruff issue, but my body is shedding like a snake.  My stomach is really where I notice it.  I thought because my skin isn't being as stretched, it might be the skin re-adjusting.  I don't know if the scalp goes through the same shock or not?  Might talk with a hair dresser or dermatologist (spelling).

Good luck, I know it's frustrating when it's our scalp and we can't seem to get it stopped.  

lmreadynow
on 9/29/11 2:36 am
 Hello!  l AM a stylist.  They've recently pinpointed most dandruff issues as being related to yeast.  Even though l'm sure you're on a low-carb diet, if you've been on antibiotics you could have an issue with yeast that you're not even aware of...

Externally, use some apple cider vinegar as a hair rinse. lt helps equalize the ph level of your scalf.

Head & Shoulders and the like usually just make the symptoms lessen for a while, and then you have a re-bound effect.  lt's the way they get you to keep buying their products. ;)  No matter WHAT shampoo you use, change it up after a week.  Your scalp will get used to the product, and the dander will come back.

l have THE best luck with Wella shampoo and conditioner.  Yes, it's a salon product. lt's more concentrated - you don't need much, it works beautifully and it smells wonderful!
There is also a treatment from Redken -Nature's Rescue Refining Polish -  it's an exfoliator for the scalp. Same as with your face and body skin - exfoliate and then moisturize.  

Another point - sometimes you can be allergic to certain products.  l can't use Bed Head for example - love the line, but it actually makes my scalp break out.  

l  hope this helps!!!

HW291  SW279  l'm 5'7"        
lmreadynow
on 9/29/11 4:45 am
 l forgot something else!  Take/eat probiotics, and treat your scalp to yogurt as well.  Put it on for awhile and then rinse/wa**** out.  
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 285 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 336 views