18 Years Old with a new lease on life?

PTibbits09
on 12/27/09 5:54 am - North Las Vegas, NV
I'm 18, and have been scheduled for my VSG on January 29th. Sometimes I feel like I'm weak and getting this before really trying to lose weight because I'm so young and apparenlty this is when it's 'easy'. I'm just looking for others my age to give their support I guess... Thanks!

Irishsweettart
on 12/27/09 2:03 pm - North Las Vegas, NV
Your not weak!!!  This will give you a whole new life to look forward too!!
Jennifer B.
on 1/1/10 11:38 am - Lenoir, NC
You are not weak. I had gastric bypass surgery when I was 18 (almost 21 now) and it was the best thing I could have done for myself! I have had a lot of encouragement on here from those who waited until later in their life and they all wished they had done it when they were younger. Why live your life with health problems (if you dont have any now, you would) and be stuck in a rut. You body is so much for able to heal and work better with the surgery. So, dont worry, just look forward to your new life. Cherish ever moment! Its not the easy way out, the surgery is rough, but so worth it. If you ever want to chat I am always here, shoot me a message!
Good luck and God Bless!
*~*Jennifer*~*

God's Will done in God's time will never lack God's Supply!

PTibbits09
on 1/1/10 3:53 pm - North Las Vegas, NV
Thanks, Jennifer. I appreciate the support! I'm very excited these days. 28 more days to go!

aShLeIgH_B08
on 1/10/10 11:42 am
That is so awsome!!! Good luck chicka!!
Ashleigh
Mizz Jazzi B.
on 1/27/10 11:34 am - Mobile, AL
U are so not doing anything "easy"! I am 19 and I am looking into surgery! I feel as though having wls when we are young will give us more time to enjoy our new lives!
(deactivated member)
on 1/29/10 10:17 pm
I felt the same way you did.

Doing my Application for it... I started thinking, well DUH.. I haven't tried everything.. but then.. everything I had tried had failed. I wanted to get it done before my body totally hated me and couldn't fight back any longer. I am 5'2 and was 271. I am 7 months out and now 172.

Best thing I could ever do. Main reason I wanted to do it was to look great and skinny at my wedding, and to be healthy enough to have children. I knew I wouldn't be able to have children totally worry free after surgery, but a lot better chances. I had the surgery when I was 20, turned 21, 3 months out.

Good luck with everything. Some days, and this is for ever one.. there will be the why did I do this.. but just take a look at your self in the mirror, and remember how hard stairs used to be, and your day brightens up pretty quick!
PTibbits09
on 2/2/10 3:15 am - North Las Vegas, NV
Let me just say that I had my surgery on Friday, January 29th and it has been ANYTHING but easy.
I had a reaction to the anesthesia so I was puking all night the first night, and the 90 minute surgery turned into 4 hours because apparently the area they needed to get into was too tight and it was hard to get where they needed to be.
Blah.
And I have this persistant cough that keeps threatening to rip apart my abdomen!
But other than that...
I guess I'm sort of glad I did it early.
I haven't met anyone that's regretted it yet.

Thundergrrrl
on 3/24/10 2:10 pm
How are you doing now? Has anything gotten better?

I sure hope it has!!!

Highest Wt: 274 / LAP-Band Low: 180 / Sleeved at 233 / Goal: 160!

PTibbits09
on 3/25/10 2:27 am - North Las Vegas, NV
Everything is going great!
I'm down about 55lbs so far in like. 50 days. lol

Most Active