Spousal issues

shoutjoy
on 1/25/06 10:05 pm - Culpeper, VA
Hi all, My husband has now informed me that I am obsessed with fat because I want to go to support groups and conventions. He used to be supportive and go with me to functions to find himself bored. Well I can understand that but having him there was important to me. I am thankful he is happy with my weight loss success and has said he wonders what "pill" I can take to lose the "old fat". I am almost six years out and do have pockets of fat. Plastic Surgery would take care of some of it, but expensive. Thanks for listening. Paula
Grey_Goose
on 1/26/06 6:06 am - Haymarket, VA
Paula, When Jen started support group attendance, I though it was silly. After a couple I feel differently. Key is for both of you to get something out of the effort. Try different groups that might have more interests / spouses. We linked up with a great group in Richmond this week end. Really opened my eyes to the miracle of support. Lots of positive energy out there, just gotta tap it. What are your hubby's interests? We had avid hunters, Harley road ride captains, golfers, you-name-its at the event. Make it fun, and he will come. Drop anote if you / he need extra convincing, Kelly G
shoutjoy
on 1/26/06 9:14 am - Culpeper, VA
Hi, I know Richmond has a great group and sometimes we are all able to get together. We have ok groups up here, but would be very boring to my husband. I wish more of you guys knew him and could talk to him. He feels kind of left out. Paula
Grey_Goose
on 1/26/06 11:00 am - Haymarket, VA
Drag him along to the June event in Richmond. Details of the last event are on the VA message board the last couple of days. The summer BBQ will be a fun pool-side event. You'll know at least Jen and I, so at least your hubby will not feel like a total outsider. What are his hobbies? Kelly
shoutjoy
on 1/27/06 5:09 am - Culpeper, VA
I will try. He wouldn't come to last years BBQ but miracles do happen. Paula
bkhunter68
on 1/27/06 8:39 am - VA
Hey Paula: First I have to say thank you. I was the one that got your ticket to the conference last weekend. It was a hell of a weekend and the first time I was able to share my wifes journey with her and her friends. everyone was just wonderful and full of life. About your husband now. If you did not attend because he thought he would be bored tell him to kick himself in the ass a few dozen times and when he is done you get to kick him. I didn't know what to expect but that wasn't it at all. I do not attend support group meetings with Dianna but I do support her in everyway, from choosing to have the surgury to her support groups to her girls night outs. We also have had our issues and fights (verbal only so you know) and have grown closer then I think we have ever been. If he is bored with the suppot meetings let him know it is ok that he doesn't have to go and don't feel hurt that he doesn't. Let him know what he missed last weekend and what is happening in June. Just do not shun him or feel he do not support you anymore. And about the old fat issue, How many times do you bring up the Old fat. Di is a year + out and it took awhile for her to stop apoligizing ( I can't speel worth a crud) for the loose skin and such. I love her the way she was and love her the same now. And again get him out to the fun stuff and June is promising to be just that, More fun then we were ment to have in a lifetime. take care, I hope to get to meet you and your husband soon, And pardon my rambling.
shoutjoy
on 1/27/06 8:49 am - Culpeper, VA
Thank you for having a good time!! Some day I will enjoy it without feeling guilty about him not enjoying himself or feeling left out. I really appreciate all that you said and wish Richard had some friends who's spouses had surgery. I think he would maybe.... allow himself to have a good time. Thanks again!
Most Active
Recent Topics
TESTING
DonaldDuck · 0 replies · 5286 views
Support for Non-Surgical Members
Cathy W. · 0 replies · 5966 views
Not a lot of support happening here.
JLS_NJ · 2 replies · 7164 views
No One posts here...
luvmyhubby55 · 1 replies · 6911 views
help needed
konieckursu · 0 replies · 6944 views