Needed: Some Advice for spouse of WLS patient

Ready4 AChange
on 9/10/05 11:03 pm - Upper Chichester, PA
Ok, I have not had surgery yet but I plan on printing out your replies so hubby can read them while I am in surgery. My question is....When your spouse had surgery was there a difference in what you expected would happen and what really happened ?? How did you help them ( physically and emotionally ) ? Thanks for your answers Sandy
Kenny M.
on 9/12/05 11:43 am - Big Clifty, KY
I will tell you that when my wife first told me about what she wanted to do I was not sure that was the right answer. I did much research on the surgery and the after effects that it would have. BLUF (bottom line up front), I knew my wife and knew this was probably the best thing for her. I supported her in every aspect. I did things after the surgery that I thought I would never do til we were old and gray. (personal hygene stuff) not going to get into that. I have supported her and maintained what she needed to do after the surgery and got envolved with her workout regiment and her eating/drinking regiment. I know she will live a long and healthy life and I will do whatever it takes to make sure she continues. I hope this gives you some insight. The best thing I can say is do your research. This website is a good place to start.
William Lucas
on 9/20/06 11:26 am - Gautier, MS
My spouse dove into surgery so fast, I didn't have a chance to conprehend it all. Glad that she got what she wanted. Not prepared for how sucky her attitude has become. Kinda wish she'd been able to lose it the old fashioned way... with me.
Most Active
Recent Topics
TESTING
DonaldDuck · 0 replies · 5286 views
Support for Non-Surgical Members
Cathy W. · 0 replies · 5966 views
Not a lot of support happening here.
JLS_NJ · 2 replies · 7164 views
No One posts here...
luvmyhubby55 · 1 replies · 6911 views
help needed
konieckursu · 0 replies · 6944 views