Response of the spouses

princess_tish
on 4/7/04 2:07 am
It is truly amazing that more spouses are not as interested in learning about the different facets of gastric bypass surgery. You would think more opinions would be expressed about what it is like being the spouse of someone who has to go through such a drastic change emotionally as well as physically. The spouse is not the only one who has to go through the changes, because we have to be strong during the times when they can't be. Do they not know that there is a place that they can come to as vent and be able to voice their opinions on this topic? to those brave individuals (including my husband) who take the initiative to correct a cluster of health issues this way, because i know it has got to be a scary thing to go through.
Missy R.
on 5/19/04 3:28 pm - Fairview, OR
My fiance Missy is having the surgery in early July. We have three children and I am nervous. You bet I have been studying up on the surgery with and without her. What was brought to my attention by my friends was that the surgery wasn't my decision and since she had made hers I could support her, or not. I will support her because she is wonderful and her current health risks concern me (she has apnea and high blood pressure, when will the diabetes come?) I feel the surgery is a calculated risk and the benefits outweigh the risks. Missy just found this section tonight (or at least told me about it tonight) so I will probably be looking at this prior to surgery, but most definitely after surgery. My heart goes out to the man who's wife left, but if it were me, I wouldn't want to be with a woman who wasn't happy with me. Life is too short. My hope is that all you significant others can also support your partners because as my friend told me, it is their choice to make so you might as well support them as best as you can. I try to focus on the positive like a more active lifestyle, better quality of life, etc. etc. We found a woman who lives near us that had the same procedure done by the same physician and came over to the house one day and visited with us for a while. I suggest that ALL OF YOU do something similiar, as the experience took a HELL OF A LOT OF WORRY from me and made me much more relaxed about the path WE are on. The lady was a Godsend. Best wishes to all of you, Ben Randolph [email protected]
Most Active
Recent Topics
TESTING
DonaldDuck · 0 replies · 5286 views
Support for Non-Surgical Members
Cathy W. · 0 replies · 5966 views
Not a lot of support happening here.
JLS_NJ · 2 replies · 7164 views
No One posts here...
luvmyhubby55 · 1 replies · 6911 views
help needed
konieckursu · 0 replies · 6944 views