G2GAWAY’s Posts

G2GAWAY
on 5/25/16 9:49 am
Topic: RE: What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

So sorry about the loss of your Mom. I lost mine about 5 years ago and nothing can prepare you for it. On the bright side, I am looking forward to meeting you tonight. I hope you will battle the traffic and make it to the meet up. 

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

G2GAWAY
on 5/24/16 8:22 pm
Topic: RE: What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

Doggone it.  I will be leaving for South Africa on the 4th.  Have fun at the festival!!!  

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 5/24/16 7:36 pm

I hope you make it. I will be driving to the OC from work in San Bernardino. Traffic sucks from everywhere, but I will make it!

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 5/24/16 2:55 pm

If I recall correctly you are in So Cal or San Diego.  A few of us are planning to get together tomorrow night in Costa Mesa.  Let me know if you want the info.  Emiepie is coming down for work so we are trying to do a meet and greet with anyone in the area.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 5/24/16 2:49 pm

When will you be here in October?  I am about an hour or so from Palm Springs, even closer from work.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 5/24/16 2:47 pm

Cramping calves definitely signals that I didn't get enough water in.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 5/24/16 2:46 pm

It seems that many of us have been having stressful lives and jobs from the posts lately.  I typically have stress, but it is tolerable, but last week was the WEEK.FROM.HELL.  It continued into yesterday, when at 4:59 pm I received an email that they needed help at the other office to do one last review of the exec summary of the budget book.  OK great, I was actually going to leave on time, but no, I'll drive like a salmon swimming upstream to be a team player, so I called to be sure there would still be stuff to do when I got there, sure come on over. Guess what, they were done when I got there.  SUPER irritating.  OK, enough, I must move on and talk about more pleasant things.  

Vacation and travel. I get 3 weeks vacation, plus 2 weeks Admin leave to make up for working extra all the time and not getting paid, plus holidays and sick time.  So yay, it's pretty good. This year was a big travel year with 2 weeks in ****et and Bangkok in January and a South African trip coming in October.  I am surviving in between with weekend trips nearby.  Heading to Napa in a week and a half, Vegas for a country concert weekend in October, and the 3 day cruise for Thanksgiving. I love to travel.

So hungry today for some reason.  I think it is time to have more than a protein drink in the morning. Sitting in the Board meeting today starving to death, plus I think I was thirsty because we can't have beverages in there, even water. Ate shrimp for lunch, so I am feeling much better. I love shrimp!

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 5/24/16 7:57 am

QOTD #2.  I have twin girls, age 22.  Both graduated from college and have full-time jobs!  One is a winemaker and one is rep for wine in grocery stores (do you notice a trend here?). I now have an empty nest, so it is good and bad.  Luckily we are close and still see each other as often as possible.  My kids and husband tell me all the time how horrible I am for never letting them have a dog, but we are/were just never home enough for them.  I felt it would be unfair.  We had horses for many years though.  We have 2 cats now.  One is pretty old (had to put another one to sleep this summer that was the same age) and a 5 year old cat that was one we fostered. She doesn't breathe very well, which is why we kept her and the vet says there isn't anything that can be done and she  is happy and healthy otherwise.  She acts just like a dog. Waits at the door, comes when you call her, sits outside the shower when I shower.  Never leaves my side when I am home.

OK.  I have goofed off enough at work. Heading back to my desk  

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 5/23/16 11:02 pm
Topic: RE: What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

You look amazing!  And that seamstress did a fabulous job modifying your dress.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 5/23/16 11:00 pm

Don't worry.  The weight will come off.  It was sort of a stair step approach for me.  Nothing for a bit, then I would lose quickly, then stabilize, then lose.  Just stay the course.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 5/23/16 10:59 pm

OMG!  I have been wondering what the hell that thing was sticking out of my chest!  Thanks for enlightening me.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 5/22/16 10:13 pm
Topic: RE: Measuring/weighing your food

I do not weigh and measure my food and have been very successful thus far.  I have weighed things in the past to get a feel for how many ounces of protein something is.  My doctor's recommendation was to eat until satisfied (not full). It seems to work pretty well. I have tended to be pretty all or nothing about things in the past, so this advice has actually helped me far more than compulsively weighing everything. I think there have been times I may have eaten a bite or two too much, and I felt it. So I tend to not pu**** because I don't like to feel that way. I am not yet at goal (getting close) and am worried about regain.  My surgeon's advice was to make "good choices, not calculations." You will be able to eat more as time goes on. I have some days I can eat more than others.  I have seen many refer to this as a "big pouch day."

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 5/22/16 1:05 pm
Topic: RE: Effect of the surgery <3 years or 5 years

I just saw my surgeon and expressed my concerns about regain.  He told me that sugar is the real enemy and that I need to focus on not having simple carbohydrates (complex carbs are OK) and watch the sugar content of items.  I plan to continue to focus on protein and really watch the sugar. I am very afraid of regain, but plan to do all that I can to prevent it.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 5/22/16 12:58 pm
Topic: RE: What's on your Sunday menu, RNYers?

Sorry to hear Grim's news. Nothing can prepare you to deal with a Mom's illness. Nothing. I will be sending good thoughts his way.

Spent yesterday at the US Sumo Open. We had a great time.  It is always nice when something turns out better than you had even hoped. They sold japanese bento boxes, so stayed right on track for lunch with chicken skewers and edamame.  

Here is a joke of the same caliber that my 22 year old daughter posted yesterday for some unknown reason.  "Why did the chicken cross the road?"  "To get to the idiot's door."...."Knock knock" "Who's there?"  "THE CHICKEN"

Good luck sticking to your food plan this week.  You can do it!  I know it isn't photo Friday, but here are a couple of pictures from yesterday, including my bento box.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 5/20/16 10:38 pm
Topic: RE: What's on your (Photo) Friday Menu, RNYers?

You look awesome.  Cheers. This was definitely a week that needs to be topped off with a glass of wine or a ****tail!

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 5/20/16 12:06 pm

Why do my pictures post so large?  Is there something I need to do differently?

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 5/20/16 12:05 pm

Favorite NSV....There are so many.  I echo many of the thoughts already posted today.  I travel a lot, so airplane seatbelts are a big deal.  I know I posted this before, but here it is again.  I have several trips (both work and personal) coming up in the next few months and just about everything associated with travel is easier now.

Also, the other NSV has been that although I am not technically in the "normal" range yet, I feel relatively normal. I am not the biggest person in the room or the group photo.  I have spent much of my life being the outlier in the group.

For my photo....As we become adults, we don't often get recognized for things, and I haven't shared this anywhere else, so this is probably a good safe place to do it.  But really, this ties to my NSV too.  We had our Award for Excellence ceremony last week and out of 20,000+ employees, they awarded around 40 awards (one per department). I was recognized for my department.  So, while I didn't want to make a big deal about it, it was pretty exciting.  The NSV part of the whole thing is that that they sent me the picture yesterday and I think of our CEO as a very thin person and in the past I would have dwarfed him in the photo. I don't feel that way anymore.  It was kind of shocking (but in a good way) to see in the photo. 

Heading to some weird Caribbean food place for a work birthday lunch.  I perused the menu and it looks like there is chicken and seafood on the menu to choose from, so I'm hopeful there will be a good choice.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 5/20/16 11:45 am

I had to just unsubscribe to Groupon and Travelzoo, etc.  Because I can always justify buying the great deals.  Now I just go  on those websites specifically when I am seeking something to see if is available.  I have a Flight Simulator one that is expired that I have to use and am actually using a Travelzoo one tomorrow to go to Professional Sumo Wrestling with a bunch of friends.  One of our friends tried to go while in Japan, but it was sold out, so we are doing it for her.  Should be entertaining.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 5/19/16 11:24 pm
Topic: RE: This is harder than I thought it would be

It will get better. Trust me on this.  I am one year out and have lost 140 pounds. It will get better.  Just be patient. 

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 5/19/16 10:49 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Thursday menu RNYers?

If you like Cabo, you should try Loreto, Mexico.  Limited flights in, but it is like what I would imagine Cabo was years ago.  We went in November and I caught a big Yellowtail (or yellowfin-geez can't remember).  The people were awesome, we snorkeled every day.  It was beautiful.  We were trying to go back for Thanksgiving, but may end up just doing the quick Mexico cruise due to flights and timing.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 5/19/16 10:47 am

Deanna-So exciting for kids to travel with or without their parents and experience other cultures.  Hope he has a great time and gains an appreciation for the luxuries we have in America.

Cynthia-The Kenya trip sounds awesome.  What an impact travel experiences can make on a person.  Although not quite the same, my daughter studied abroad in Argentina and visited a winery in Mendoza.  She was studying pre-health in college, but is now a winemaker!  You never know how things you do with change your future.  Hoping all goes well with the dress and wedding festivities.  It sounds like the alterations will work great.

I am a traveler, so I have been a lot of places and love to go anywhere.  Probably the most exotic places so far have been Moorea, and most recently, Thailand.  I am looking forward to a 2 week trip to Africa in October!!!  I CANNOT WAIT!

I am heading to my one year check up in a few minutes.  My "surgiversary" was Monday.  I still have a few more pounds I want to lose, but am very happy with my results so far.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 5/19/16 10:45 am

I can relate.  I want a "do-over" of all of my trips, both for better pictures now that I am smaller and to be able to everything I want to do while there!

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 5/19/16 10:43 am

I have traveled many places, but never to New York.  Niagra Falls is on my list.  And of course, I want to do the boat that goes right up to the Falls.  Maid of the Mist or something like that.

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 5/19/16 10:41 am

My periods were horrible for years.  Lasted forever (But never 45 days!) and so heavy. I didn't have cramps but I always felt like I was going to hemorrhage and my iron and blood counts were terrible.  I had an endometrial ablation and it was the best thing ever.  It didn't work right away and I was a little worried as they said I wasn't an optimal candidate due to the fact that I had twins so my uterus was larger than normal and the range of the "wand" that does the surgery might not get to everything, but after a couple of months, my periods stopped. I had one random one at about 6 months after and then no more.  Best thing ever.  

Cory

G2GAWAY
on 5/19/16 10:36 am

Cave tubing and ATVs through the jungle sounds awesome. I like to snorkel and scuba dive, so Belize is on my list...and the Cayman Islands.

Cory

Recent Topics