What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 5/9/24 2:41 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Yay, it's Lil Friday! I am heading into the office today, so I get to have half-caf, and I get to take my fav niece out for lunch! Whoo, it's overcast, but I am sure it's going to be a fantastic day :)

Yesterday was my first day trying to get up off my butt with no hands. I am not close, so I just decided to do squats all day. It hurts like hell to be that rough on my knee, but I would guess I did about 40 throughout the day and it got easier. My knee was radiating heat by the time I went to bed, but I am happy that I took some steps towards getting stronger.

QOTD: How many steps do you get on an average day? My WFH days can be pathetic, but my office days are a minimum of 6000 because that's the steps to and from the train, but I usually get over 10K if I have meetings around campus. I miss the days that I used to run and would have 7K before I left the house in the morning. Anyway, my office is doing a steps challenge where we are competing by department for most steps. Apparently in order to be in the running for a win, every person who enters needs to be over 10K every day, so that should be good incentive to get more steps in on my WFH days. Anyone want to join me on the challenge? We can post our steps from the day before. No pressure if you are not ready to do 10K - wherever you are on your fitness journey is great! I'll post my steps from today, tomorrow.

• protein coffee
  • egg bites
  • lunch out - tbd. I think we'll probably go to sweetgreen, and if so I will get a harvest bowl
  • hummus and crackers
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 5/9/24 3:15 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all.

I'm feeling rather salty today. I woke up with a very strong GERD situation and I'm just very annoyed. The right side of my face has a lot of welts on it still today. It's along my lower jaw line down and I have one on my chin. Feeling like a dumpster fire.

Not sure what all we have planned. I do know my niece, Riley, has a choir performance tonight so we'll be doing that for sure.

QOTD: I tend to do around 5k to 6k. I know I need to do better.

food is just the same soft ****

Dcgirl
on 5/9/24 3:40 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Buenos días! What a fun challenge to bond as a team over exercise. Maybe as the weather gets nicer you can do "walking meetings". They're my fave, for when you don't need to be at a screen.
Today is an exciting day - my iPhone 15 will arrive. I've finally had it with Verizon having awful service in my house/neighborhood - even my skip level boss now knows to call me on Favetime Audio or the call will drop. And yes, that's even with wifi calling on. So, new phone for me (since they are crediting me for turning my phone in to ATT). Exciting day! Except now I need to get all new chargers.
Q: when I go to jazzercise I get about 8,000. When I work from home and don't exercise, it's abysmal.
We have so many food options here - chicken thighs, apple chicken sausage, salmon, orzo, mashed sweet potatoes, green beans. And leftover turkey tacos too! Tons of choices for today!

Guys, I'm 25 lbs away from the weight where I last think I looked good in photos. I just have to continue to stay the course and fight the good fight. I'm so thankful for all the new developments around GLPs. Thanks for the suggestion on the article yesterday, Grim!

Sheila_H
on 5/9/24 8:32 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Keep fighting the good fight, and one pound at a time.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Grim_Traveller
on 5/9/24 4:24 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Good morning all. Just a regular normal day here.

QOTD: I usually get 6-7,000 a day, but it varies a lot. I also do 25-45 minutes on the rower, and about 30 on the recumbent bike. I get a little irritated that I don't get credit for any steps with those things.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Amy Liz
on 5/9/24 4:44 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Enjoy your half caf and time with your niece today! I'm not sleeping great which is normal when I'm away but it's frustrating. I can't wind down easily or stay asleep and was up by 3 this am. One more night and I'm home in my own glorious bed, sleeping like a baby! I was struggling to stay awake in my last session yesterday. I could feel my brain going to sleep and the falling head bob waking me up - lots of pinching to get through it all while sitting next to my boss no less... Hopefully today flies.

QOTD - I average between 5-9k a day. It's a very busy day if I get 10k+ and usually on a weekend. My goal is to exercise and be as active as possible throughout the day. Right now I'm still figuring out what that means and it's challenging during the work week. I'm adding weights next week, so that could affect my step count. i will track though!

Accountability - Food is great but I'm eating more than normal. I think it's anxiety related and will go back to normal when I am home.

B- eggs, bacon, fruit

l - TBD

d - TBD

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Partlypollyanna
on 5/9/24 5:34 am
RNY on 02/14/18

morning and yay jr Friday!

I'm not a medical professional but given your knee has been bothering your for more than a year, maybe you should do that "check with your doctor before starting any new exercise routine"?

qotd - I don't pay attention to steps unless I don't hit my active minutes goals since rowing doesn't register steps on my device, then I try to make sure I get 10k in. I also don't wear my tracker at least one day a weekend to give my wrist (and my brain) a break. My weekly report usually shows 59k-65k average so I'm probably in the 8-10k average given the regularly untracked day. They are doing another steps challenge at work but they change apps everytime and I am just not downloading more apps for it. If they circle back to one of the ones we already did I will.

my menu is not my own today but the hotel has breakfast buffet so probably eggs and some kind of meat and coffee, there's a coffee shop that I saw on my way in so going to walk over there before I get ready for the office.

have a terrific Thursday!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Greateight
on 5/9/24 5:57 am, edited 5/8/24 11:11 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

I was up early and went to 6:30 Crossfit. One of the trainers is moving away and I thought she might be coaching this morning for one last time, but no such luck.

We leave for the airport in about an hour and a half. I am mostly packed, but still need to get organized a bit and shower. I think that today is going to be a lot of ferrying people from the airport to the rental house and shopping for the week. We haven't heard from our son yet, hopefully he is done with his projects and taking a break today.

The ceremony is early tomorrow, so I probably won't post. But I do want to wish all of the OH Moms a Happy Mother Day! Posters, drive bys, old friends, lurkers, I hope that you have a wonderful day.

QOTD: I don't track that, but I'm probably all over the place. With the Sprint Triathlon only about 3 1/2 months out I have been trying to add more biking and running into my daily activity. Our town's pool doesn't open until Memorial Day weekend.

Bonus Mango margarita picture for Mary:

Have a great day, everybody!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Teenie
on 5/9/24 6:57 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Have a wonderful trip. Tell Marylin I said Happy Mother's day.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Sheila_H
on 5/9/24 8:37 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Congrats again to your son. HUGE accomplishment.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 322 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 364 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 325 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 316 views