What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 5/6/24 3:09 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning Sharks! Hope everyone had a nice weekend. Mine was good. The class I taught was incredibly fun--a very fun, energetic group and they did a great job. I wouldn't have minded another day off to recover, but I have, wait for it... NO MEETINGS today! A bunch of my colleagues have today off, and my Deans and Chairs are prepping for graduation, so I think everyone is going to leave me alone and I can keep it chill.

QOTD: If a genie could grant you one wish that had nothing to do with wealth, what would you ask them for? I would ask for a cookie cutter genie who finds and puts away cookie cutters on demand (and obviously provides unlimited storage).

I got fish tacos last night! I only had half of one, so I have 2 1/2 left, which should get me through the day. Also, I am trying decaf only, since I have no meetings today. Wish me luck.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Grim_Traveller
on 5/6/24 3:44 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Morning gang. Decaf day!!! Yay.

I'd like to do some things outside today, but it's cold and damp out there right now. Otherwise I have about 20 things that are half done, and I need to wrap some of them up. So, I'm probably going to start something new, instead.

We saw Unfrosted, the Pop Tart movie, over the weekend, on Netflix. We thought it was excellent. Lighthearted, funny, and everyone was in it. Apparently, when Jerry Seinfeld asks if you want to be in his movie, you say yes. Hugh Grant deserves an award as Tony the Tiger, and there's a little girl that JB wants to adopt.

QOTD: I think genies are jerks. They always find a way to turn your wish against you. I don't trust them. If you see a genie, run.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Teenie
on 5/6/24 7:09 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I sat down 3 time to watch the movie and all 3 times I got called away or I fell to sleep. Try 4 again tonight. I think I am at least 1/2 way though. That little girl is adorbs.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Grim_Traveller
on 5/6/24 11:54 am
RNY on 08/21/12

That kid is going places!

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Mkess
on 5/6/24 7:35 am
VSG on 08/09/21

You are correct, sir. Genies are righteous, pretentious jerks, and some are even scheisters. They hold your wish above your head in order to negotiate for more hugs and time gently caressing their lamps. Genie economics are weird.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

White Dove
on 5/6/24 4:08 am - Warren, OH

I would like a genie that produces great meals and cleans up afterward. Until I find one Will be using Ubereats And Doordash.

I watched Unfrosted and just loved some of the women's outfits. I also watched Queen Bees and it was funny too. Nothing planned today and probably will be cold and wet. Maybe some cleaning inside.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Melody P.
on 5/6/24 4:41 am - Amarillo, TX

Morning y'all.

not sure what today'll hold. I know my niece has a school concert this afternoon and we may have the kids after school. I have to call the dentist to see if I can get seen today or tomorrow about my mouth. I had my mom look in my mouth and she said it looks like a piece of the tooth is stuck in there. I got one of the fragments out of the front area but this one won't budge. My lips are all messed up still too. I've got to tell ya I'm over it. I'm tired of eggs and soft food and I am tired of not being able to chew solid stuff. I'm about a hairs distance away from having a breakdown of sorts. I also can't taste on the tip of my tongue. Sweets is salty tasting and kind of everything has a metallic hint to it.

QOTD: hmmm, kind of with Grim on this one. But if I had to choose one I'd wish to reverse my decision to get this last bout of dental work done.

eggs, cheese and soup for the meals today.

Amy Liz
on 5/6/24 4:45 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ No meeting Mondays are great start to any week! Good luck with the decaf today. Yesterday was a fun Cinco de May-o and the food and company were fantastic. I need a weekend to recover from my weekend. This will have to do: Today is a travel day to get to my conference venue for the week, which means 5-6 straight hours driving/audibles! It's the little things. I'm starting a Sheila recommend - Behind Closed doors. Uninterrupted audible time is so precious to me.

QOTD - Clean/organize my life everyday. I love things clean and organized, but it doesn't always happen - I'm surprised I'm not more obsessed - well maybe with the idea, but not the work to get there cuz me lazy. Why not give that job to a genie if he doesn't want to give me $$??

Accountability - 22 minutes of yoga done. I have all the snacks packed with alternatives in case the food is terrible. Fingers crossed for at least decent. There is a fitness center so I could use the treadmill in the morning or walk around the property after session before dinner. Should be fun, it's a good group.

B- coffee, egg sandwich

l - In n Out double meat protein style

d- TBD

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Greateight
on 5/6/24 5:30 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

After Friday's thread, I did an experiment to see if i could get up off of the floor without using my hands and I can't. I think that lack of ankle mobility is the main culprit. If I sit with my fully feet flat on the floor, about 45 degrees is the highest that I can get towards a sitting position. Something to work on.

My son did well on his Operating Systems test on Saturday, which means that he is going to pass all of his classes and complete his requirements for graduation with his major and minor. He was always going to walk on Friday, but it was a little touch and go as to whether he would be taking a summer class to actually finish. He has a few projects that he has to get done this week, but no more tests. We leave on Thursday around noontime and graduation is Friday morning.

Our fishing trip yesterday was cancelled because the water levels were too high. Hopefully we will be able to reschedule in a few weeks. Otherwise, a great weekend: haircut, running and biking, out to watch the Derby, our cooking class on Saturday night, and dinner out last night.

QOTD: I am also nervous about the Genie's proclivity to turn what I want around in the worst way possible, but ignoring that I would wish for more contact from my children.

Breakfast: Bagel

Lunch: catered

Dinner: Rigatoni leftovers from last night

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Emiepie
on 5/6/24 5:36 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Yay, that's great news for your son.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 306 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 351 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 308 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 306 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 76 views
Recent Topics