What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 4/8/24 3:04 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning! I have really had the nicest few days of waking up early, the temperature in bed being perfect, and watching hours of perfectly perfect TikTok videos. It was almost impossible to tear myself out of bed.

That actually sums up my weekend pretty nicely, too. I did some important class prep things, and got a haircut but it was mostly pretty chill. Last night we started the murder mystery puzzle that Jim did. Would you believe I am capable of injuring myself from doing a puzzle? I am. I discovered that I was standing it a weird angle (like a modified standing squat) for hours while I was putting to together, and it was the exact wrong angle for my knee. It's the worst it's felt in months (insert eye roll.)

QOTD: What's your plan for watching the eclipse? We are getting 90% totality here between 3pm - 4pm. I just realized I have a meeting at 3pm but I am canceling it! We have our glasses and I am excited!

• protein coffee
  • egg bite
  • Korean chicken dumpings
  • cucumber & babybel cheese
  • steak
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Dcgirl
on 4/8/24 3:24 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

That sounds like a great weekend! I think I need to use TikTok more so the algorithm is perfect for me too. Right now it's like really good but not perfect.
We had a most wonderful weekend. I got to see my friends' exhibits at Artomatic - a free art show in DC. It's 7 floors of art and it's almost an overload! Yesterday's weather was absolute perfection. 70 and sunny.

Q: we are going to have 80% totality (or 80% darkness? I don't know the right term!) so I blocked my calendar from 2-3:30 so I'm not stuck on a zoom. We have glasses. What do people do? Sit outside on the deck for an hour and watch it get progressively darker and then lighter?

B: leftover ground turkey shawarma

L: yesterday DH brought home Cain's which is a fast food place known for fried chicken. They had to have traffic police to control the flow of cars in the drive through for the first month it opened! Anyway since DH didn't mention that, I had already cooked dinner. But the leftovers are in the fridge so maybe a piece of that.

D: Turkey tacos and don't worry! There will be enough for taco Tuesday!

Off to jazzercise in a bit. Have a wonderful day!

Partlypollyanna
on 4/8/24 3:43 am
RNY on 02/14/18

If you have glasses, you can actually watch the sun be occluded but if not, you just sit around and wait for night to fall and reverse, lol.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Teenie
on 4/8/24 8:43 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

We have a raising Caines near me as well. It opened over a month ago and they still need police to direct traffic. They only do chicken fingers I assume but we have not got there yet because I refuse to wait for food that is not extraordinary. I am hoping they have a grilled option if I ever get there.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Lisa91941
on 4/8/24 1:14 pm
RNY on 10/29/19

Just ask for them to be Naked, Chrissy. And they will give you the non breaded version.

Grim_Traveller
on 4/8/24 3:37 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Morning gang. Eclipse day, and the weather is supposed to be super nice. I need to figure out the best place from which to view it. Otherwise, it's a slow day.

Eating is back on track after Easter binging and baking. No more eatin' holidays for a while, which is both a disappointment and relief.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Dcgirl
on 4/8/24 4:08 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

That earthquake meme is hilarious! I saw a bunch that were like "the aftermath" and it would be one shoe on its side next to the other shoe on its sole. People can be so creative and funny!

Partlypollyanna
on 4/8/24 11:02 am
RNY on 02/14/18

John Oliver showed some of the news coverage where they had "exciting video from today's earthquake"...and nothing happened

Jen

Partlypollyanna
on 4/8/24 3:52 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy monday! I have a 530 meeting this morning but that made me not feel guilty about blocking out an hour to eclipse watch mid-day (or what other people call lunch). It's the close out of a leadership program and was the only option I could make work with my schedule. I just want to get it over so I did it to myself.

QOTD - we're only getting about 60% coverage but it's supposed to be clear until after the peak and then get cloudy for a few days so the timing could be perfect. I bought a pack of glasses for last October's annular eclipse so I'm set for the next several, lol.

Saturday I did a 15 minute crunch and v-up weight ball series and the nice thing is I know exactly where all my ab muscles are today (and yesterday), the 2nd day is always the sorest for me. Today I'll do some cardio and maybe the last two of my A-Z series.

menu

coffee plus half and half X4 (giving myself an extra cup due to that whole 530 am meeting)

PB on a crumpet

yogurt

ham and cheese sandwich

Have a marvelous Monday everyone!

Jen

Dcgirl
on 4/8/24 4:07 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Oooh those ab routines can be KILLER two days later. I know exactly what you mean.

You are definitely deserving of 4 coffees with your 5:30 meeting.

Thanks for the tip on what to do - we do have glasses so I suppose I will gaze up at the sky while the whatever is covering the sun, covers it. I know we went out on our back deck back in August of 2017 but don't even remember how cool or not cool the eclipse was lol!