What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 4/4/24 2:26 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hello Hello, Friends! I really just don't know when I will get over how much faster weeks go when there is a tight M-F schedule. Honestly, it's just amazing. Yesterday had a rough start--I was stood up for my first two meetings and I started to lose all hope, but then the rest showed up and I had a great, productive day. I have lots of interesting meetings on the calendar today, too.

In other news, we are in the middle of a spring Nor'easter. It barely snowed at all this summer but here we are on April 4th with dozens of school cancelations and areas north of Boston might get up to a foot. Thankfully, I think it will just be very cold, windy, and rainy here but no snow. I am so grateful that my commute from the train to the office can be done by snaking myself through a few indoor buildings so that I barely have be outside at all :)

QOTD: If you win the billion dollar lottery this week, what is the very first thing you would buy? I think my very first purchase would be plane tickets to somewhere warm and relaxing. I see myself doing the next round of shopping from my phone, on the beach.

Accountability: Probably too many tater tots with my fish tacos but you only have your 8th anniversary once!

• protein coffee
  • smoked salmon & vegetarian cream cheese wrap
  • pesto chicken
  • cucumber & babybel cheese
  • leftover fish tacos
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

White Dove
on 4/4/24 3:08 am, edited 4/3/24 8:13 pm - Warren, OH

I like to think I would donate all of it to deserving people. Years ago there was a millionaire who had a newspaper column. People would write him letters about their struggles and he would publish their letters and send them the money they needed. Long before GoFundMe. He gave away everything and the column ended.

He paid peoples property taxes and utility bills. My favorite was when he sent a woman enough money to keep her 90 year old grandfather in girlie magazines for the rest of his life. Percy Ross just sent people a check if he liked their story.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Partlypollyanna
on 4/4/24 4:15 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Thursday! My experience with super busy, structured weekends not that they fly by. Glad yours are and that the "stood up vs attended" ratio is moving in the right direction.

qotd - the first thing I would spend money on is a good legal and financial plan.

busy day today, including recording a live, multi location town hall with 14 participants in 14 locations. It's either going to be awesome or an epic disaster. There will be no middle ground on it.

Accountability - we stopped for tacos between the airport and the office. They were delicious. One of those hole in the wall places that makes their own tortillas.

today

coffee plus half and half X 2

eggs and bacon

taco bar lunch

cheese stick or protein bar

I decided to sleep an extra 90 minutes so no exercise this morning. Will try to hit my active minutes and steps walking though.

have a good jr Friday!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 4/4/24 5:50 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Great job for giving your body some extra rest. For you to sleep in really means your body needed it.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 4/4/24 7:18 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Taco's and it wasn't even Tuesday. Wow lucky you.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Grim_Traveller
on 4/4/24 3:38 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

My first thought was what would I buy. But you're right. Our state allows an LLC to win the lottery, to keep your name from the news. So the first thing would be to hire a lawyer, set up an LLC, and put our billion dollars in that.

The second thing I'd do is not pay the lawyer. Because, apparently, billionaires don't have to pay their bills.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Sheila_H
on 4/4/24 5:00 am, edited 4/3/24 10:02 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

Our weather is all over the place, yesterday was nice and sunny, today and tomorrow we'll have rain again. The forest where I run gets really muddy and it needs a good 3-4 days to dry out for an easy and not slippery run.

I received a package of cookies from friends. It's like giving a drug addict her favorite drug and saying, now have one a day. Jeez Lois, if I could have one a day I wouldn't be a drug addict. I forced myself to have just one (half of each flavor) and then went for a jog just to stay away from them. The rest is packed and put away to be doled out sporadically. We shall see how successful I am.

QOTD: funny you ask this question. I stumbled upon an article that a guy won the $2B lottery and bought 3 houses in the LA area and a whole lot of vintage cars. Now he is being sued that the winning ticket wasn't his.

Through a wealth management company, I would get a beach house in the Rincon - Ventura area. Then a couple of houses for the kids, in the hopes they'd live near us. After that just travel to all the places on our bucket list. And invest smartly so we, the kids, and their kids are set.

My meals yesterday:

• Coffee
  • Chicken skewer, cold cuts with goat cheddar cheese
  • Fluffy yogurt w/almond butter, jello, butterscotch cookie
  • Left over Taco meat
  • E: 6 miles wog

Happy jr Fri-yay!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Greateight
on 4/4/24 5:14 am, edited 4/3/24 10:15 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

Southwest is having a fare sale and we were able to get our plane tickets to travel to Pittsburgh this fall. Between the sale and a little flight credit we were able to get two round trips for $283 total. The flight credit may have even been from rebooking other trips to take advantage of the sale. Marilyn is really good at that stuff. I don't know if DD has booked her travel yet, but hopefully she will be able to take advantage of the sale.

DD is also very good at this stuff, she is taking a same day trip to Houston so that she qualifies for companion fare. I've never had companion fare, but I guess that it is worth the time spent in airport lobbies.

Now that we have our travel booked, Chrissy has started to plan all sorts of fun stuff. She sent us three restaurants for Thursday night and they all look great. We will have to choose one over the weekend. I have been trying to help out with ideas for the football game tailgate, but I think she already knows what she is doing and is just humoring me. That's probably just as well because, at the end of the day, I am the one who struggles to melt Brie in the microwave.

There is also the fact that Baylor has never won at WVU. Always a first time for everything.

I tried the lemon Lime Raspberry flavored Bai and liked it. Costa Rica Clementine will always be my favorite but this will go into the rotation. Good job Sidney.

Less impressive are chocolate flavored Celebrate Calcium Chews. I miss my Caramel already. Since the pharmacy was out of Caramel, I got two bags of chocolate and two bags of strawberry banana. That is six months worth because I take two a day not three.

I'm not sure what we are going to do tonight. It's a rest day from the gym and also a rest from March Madness. (Two Women's Semifinals Friday, Two Men's Semifinals Saturday, Women's Final Sunday, Men's Final Monday.) Also, it will be cold.

QOTD: Jen's answer would also apply to me, but in the spirit of the question, I am going to say that i would book a suite at Turtle Bay on Oahu and a first class flight to get there. But I would do it on my own credit card before I was announced as the winner.

Breakfast: Scone

Lunch: Catered

Dinner: TBD

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Partlypollyanna
on 4/4/24 5:25 am
RNY on 02/14/18

"...but in the spirit of the question?" Rude much?

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Greateight
on 4/4/24 6:19 am
RNY on 08/29/18

I didn't mean it to be rude. Your answer is definitely the one that I would follow.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4