What's your plan for this first Sunday of March?

Melody P.
on 3/3/24 1:36 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all! Hoping you're all having a great weekend.

We have to run to an ATM this morning and maybe the dollar tree. Then I need to clean the bathroom a bit. Pain is being obnoxious and sleep is hard and almost nonexistent. My blood sugar was normal this morning so yay! I felt rather ****ty all day yesterday. I was and still am, really washed out and my cheeks are bright red. I am feeling somewhat better though I am still achy. I hate steroids lol

Today is my birthday get together. Looking forward to the cauliflower crust pizza. I asked for a supreme! We got mini cheesecakes from Sam's so I won't have to make anything! Woot!

Have a bit going on this week. Bloodwork, a few appointments. I should find out Wednesday if my peer support pal will be staying on at this clinic. I'll be really quite gutted if she quits but I won't blame her at all if she does. Her boss just quit and she is having a hard time with a new hire. She is going to look at the rules on staying in contact if she does quit. It's not the same as a psychiatrist or psychologist but she is going to check to make sure. Really hoping we can still be in contact somehow or another.

QOTD: this has probably been asked a million times of everyone but what is your favorite season and Why?

I used to be a huge fan of winter because I was always hot. Not it makes me hurt worse. So does early spring. Summer here is just eww. Fall is great but also hard on the allergies. BUT spring can be so beautiful. Fall also tends to be beautiful here. Summer brings longer day light and lots of sun. Winter can be harsh but amazingly beautiful. Fall is my favorite I think!

B: eggs, cheese, 4 crackers and coffee x 2

L: pizzas and a few bites of cheesecake

D: leftovers. No one else wants my pizza though my mom will at least try it. I'll be having a lot of pizza in the coming days lol

have a wonderful day everyone!

Amy Liz
on 3/3/24 6:34 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Glad to hear you're feeling better and I hope it continues to get even better. Enjoy your cauliflower pizza today with your family. Yesterday was very productive but only seemed to create more things to do. I mean how much crap can two people accumulate? How lazy/unorganized are we between tiding up? I don't get it.... Anyway, there are more fun things to do today. Kiddo is coming over with laundry and staying for dinner. It was going to be a dinner date for me and Rob - it's our 9 year meet-aversary. We meet on an internet blind date 9 years ago today! At an Italian restaurant, so I am making homemade, full fat/carb loaded lasagna (as God intended) to celebrate and kiddo is crashing... Oh and there will be red wine.

QOTD - I used to prefer fall and winter due to my weight and heat intolerance as well. I still love fall the best, but New England fall. In CA, I love the green winters but I prefer spring and summer at a lower weight. I love the sun so much that I can't imagine living in 4 seasons ever again. I look forward to a very comfortable summer this year.

Accountability - wine was had, 185.2 this morning. Dinner today is celebratory and I will not give those up ever again, it's simply more triggering for me. A lifestyle I can sustain long term is more important.

B - coffee x 3, eggbeaters, cheese and salsa

L - Tyson frozen blackened chicken tenders to try in the air-fryer , buffalo sauce, pickles

D - lasagna, red wine

Have a wonderful day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Partlypollyanna
on 3/3/24 7:01 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Happy meet-a-versary!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 3/3/24 7:19 am
RNY on 06/03/15

DH and I met on the internet, too! It was 30 years ago, though - back before it became really common. He told that story for years until I finally clued him in that meeting on the internet was no longer a novelty!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Queen JB
on 3/3/24 2:45 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

OMG Grim and I met in person 8 years ago today!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Amy Liz
on 3/3/24 5:54 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

On 3/3??? It's a very good date! Happy meet-iversary to you guys!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

catwoman7
on 3/3/24 7:22 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

I have my orientation for film festival volunteers later on this morning, then I'm off to a neighbors for cat sitting instructions (I'll be cat sitting for them March 5-11 - their cat is great - a huge, very friendly male ginger named Buddy. Looking forward to it!). Nothing else planned. It's very sunny but windy, so biking is out for this afternoon, but maybe we'll take a long walk.

QOTD: anything but winter.

B: L&F yogurt, piece of einkorn sourdough bread with butter and SF jam, coffee with half & half

MS: I'd better have something before the orientation - probably a protein shake or some Ratio yogurt

L: hot and sour soup

AS: ??

D: maybe the leftover spinach lasagna that I still haven't eaten

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

White Dove
on 3/3/24 10:37 am - Warren, OH

I am thinking cat sitting could be my dream job. Except for cleaning the litter boxes everything else would be joy. My friend just got two kittens who love to sit on her lap and be rocked to sleep. She just bought a new rocking chair. She is also getting a new couch and I hope they don't decide to use the new furniture for a scratching post. They are adorable but full of energy and run through the house jumping on things and breaking things.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Partlypollyanna
on 3/3/24 11:20 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Have you thought about getting another cat? Maybe not a kitten but an older cat?

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

White Dove
on 3/3/24 1:22 pm, edited 3/3/24 5:22 am - Warren, OH

They are not allowed in the condo where I live unless they were grandfathered in. When I took my cat with me, I had her certified as a support animal because she was 18 years old and I did not want to rehome her. In Ohio, a support animal has be be allowed to stay with the owner.

I could get a cat and have it certified as a support animal, but feel like it is a form of cheating.

I love cats and would love an older cat. But am going to wait until I move to a house again where I can get another one.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 299 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 344 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 304 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 301 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 74 views