What's on your Sunday plan, menu friends?

Partlypollyanna
on 2/17/24 11:39 pm, edited 2/18/24 12:01 am
RNY on 02/14/18

^^this is a true story!

good morning and happy Sunday! I?m waiting to board the first leg of the next work trip so I thought I would get our Sunday started.

yesterday was lovely, I ended up with just over 25k step plus whatever energy I burned on the bike ride. It was fun and easy, the only time I was a bit nervous was when there were clearly tourists driving the car that was sharing the cobblestone bike lane with us, you could tell because they were pretty panicked at how close everything was, including me on the bike. I did a bit of stretching this morning before leaving the hotel but it will just be steps in airports otherwise today.

qotd - is there some type of food you won?t try? I walked past all the herring stands with no qualms. If someone I was with got one, I might have tried a bite but on my own, no interest.

menu today

Large flat white

yogurt with granola

i have a pack of mixed Gouda/cheddar/edam sticks I picked up for plane snacks. It does make me wonder why we only get a pack with a single kind in it. Bring on the mixed cheese sticks!

When I get to Tampa, I will have meatballs at the hotel. They make good ones.

i should get a lot of reading and movie watching, the last leg is 11 hours and I want to stay awake to be on Eastern time when I land.

have a fantastic day everyone!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 2/18/24 3:54 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Morning Jen and menuers,

Safe travels today! I'm headed to the airport myself this morning for work. A few days for a conference, home Wednesday night.

Food will be ratio yogurt before I go, protein bar at the airport, will have to see about the hotel. I got a rental car this time since I'm hoping to connect with a high school friend I haven't seen in some years. Good times.

Happy Sunday, everyone!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Melody P.
on 2/18/24 4:56 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all.

Yesterday was a **** show...literally. The plumbers don't know exactly what they need to do. So they were not able to fix it yesterday. So no showers or toilet usage. They are coming back Monday morning to hopefully get it fixed. This is a house of horrors. I hate this house more than I've ever hated anything. We had some hard conversations and this next week we're going to start packing up and getting rid of stuff to get ready to move within a year maybe less. The pet deposits will be killer but we'll just have to deal with it.

I am feeling an immense amount of pain from my activities yesterday. I can barely walk without crying. We're going over to my aunts house to take a shower. My birthday thing was canceled. Blah.

QOTD: octopus and snails!

Grim_Traveller
on 2/18/24 5:35 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Do you have city sewer,or septic?

It should be a pretty simple fix. Clogged drains are really common, and there are special tools designed for just that. They even have cameras that will follow the drain all the way, and show if there is damage or tree roots, or what the issue is.

I understand you just wanting to get the heck out. Personally, I wouldn't be so eager. Once you start renting, you'll forever be renting, and rent costs have skyrocketed all over the country. You have some control where you are now, but you'll have none if you move.

I hope you get this sorted out quickly.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Melody P.
on 2/18/24 6:59 am - Amarillo, TX

That's just it it should be a simple fix but this house was built by a guy that didn't follow code. Nothing is like it should be. He routed out the main sewer line 16 days ago. The problem is after the septic and before the main line. We need a new stack. The toilet downstairs is probably from the 1920's they said. The plumbing is just jacked up.

I don't really want to rent but I'm tired of the maintenance on this house. It needs a lot of things done other than plumbing...new windows new electrical and on and on. We do own it and owe nothing on it. The house is on a quarter acre. The yard kills us and the out buildings need to come down.

I love my grandpa but he didn't do things by code or anywhere close. The house needs tons of stuff. Plus the crack making neighbor is a big reason we want to move and the neighborhood is getting bad.

we're not in a huge hurry to move. As long as our big dog Frankie is alive we'll live here but we're going to start getting ready for it now. We have a lot of junk that needs to be gone through and donated.

I wish we could get into a townhome where they take care of the yard work and such. A small yard would be nice.

Melody P.
on 2/18/24 7:01 am - Amarillo, TX

That should say between the sump pump and the main line.

Melody P.
on 2/20/24 12:34 am, edited 2/19/24 4:35 pm - Amarillo, TX

Just want3 to tell you you were right. The first plumbers wanted to cut into the main stack to replace the hardware and toilet downstairs. Now the toilet is probably from the 1920?s. They freaked out over it. Then come yesterday morning and we had to call them to see when they were coming out. Come to find out they wouldn?t send an actual plumber out until March 11th. Yeah?.NO! So we called out old plumbers, whose technicians are all licensed plumbers. They had a cancellation and when the guy came he ran the camera. He then routed out from the main line ant the outside clean out all the way into the house and the main stack. Voila it was fixed. He was awesome! Way more professional and we even are going to sell/give him the old 1970 ford maverick that was my brothers first car. So we are psyched. I say give because he?d come out and haul it off and to us that?s worth it. Anyway, it ended up being so simple and the d bag plumbers can sod off. You were definitely right.

Grim_Traveller
on 2/20/24 5:20 am
RNY on 08/21/12

That's great news. Your house is what, about 100 years old? This stuff will pop up, but it should keep on taking care of you. Things get clogged, both in us and the house.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Melody P.
on 2/20/24 5:48 am - Amarillo, TX

It was built in 47. The toilet was from the air base we had in town that closed in the 60's. The man who built this house worked at the air base and used "borrowed" parts. The toilet is just one of those parts. We also have a defunct boiler system. Our only heat is wall gas furnaces and our ac is window units.

Queen JB
on 2/18/24 5:34 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Glad you survived your bike ride safely! Hope you have an uneventful trip back today.

QOTD: Lamb, veal, rabbit, goats, duck and other objectively adorable animals that I would like to have as pets.

• Protein coffee
  • cheez-its (already had a handful so I won't pretend)
  • Balanced Break
  • Bean & cheese burrito
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 74 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 299 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 304 views