What's on your Thursday Menu?

Teenie
on 2/15/24 9:23 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

That much improvement is awesome. WTG

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Julia S.
on 2/15/24 8:27 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- My Mom loved Carousel and wanted to name me Julie, but I was named after my great grandmother Julia Anne, and I hate being called Julie I haven't been her since high school.

Love that meme!

I usually take a sleeping pill at bedtime, and I sleep around 4-5 hours. Last night I fell asleep without it and was awake at 2AM and didn't really get back to sleep. So my head is throbbing and I'd love to not be working today. I just read until it was time for work. On the plus side I got a mani-pedi yesterday.

Sheila you made me laugh so hard.

Not enough coffee to keep me going, so I need to get another cup.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Queen JB
on 2/15/24 4:22 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

My parents and ONE friend are the only ones allowed to call me Julie. I hate it. So many co-workers do it once. ONCE.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

catwoman7
on 2/15/24 9:02 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

well I cleaned the parts of the (basement family room) carpeting where they'll be putting the heavy furniture (the desk, the entertainment center, and the bookshelf). I figure the couch and chair will be light enough that DH and I can move them later to shampoo the carpeting underneath them. I wasn't sure if the carpeting was getting much cleaner, but the three times I emptied the "dirty water" receptacle, the water was FILTHY, so evidently it was doing something. DH thought it looked better. I spent a couple of hours doing those parts, which is why I haven't done the rest of it - although again, we can do the rest of it later. Plus it snowed last night and everything is slushy now, so unless it burns off today (doubtful), the movers could be tracking in mud tomorrow - so it's just as well. We'll get back to the carpeting next week. Today I'm going to wash the walls down there - and do some dusting. I think the room will look great when it's finished.

I think I might skip class today and work down in that room or over at MIL's. I'm anxious to get all of this behind me - plus I'm not too excited about the idea of walking on slushy sidewalks (to and from bus stops).

QOTD: If I was a boy I was going to be David. I don't think they considered any other girls' names.

coffee with half & half

L&F creme brûlée yogurt, very thin slice of Danish bread with butter and SF jam

protein shake, 16 Wheat Thins (e.g., one serving)

last piece of cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie

Ratio yogurt (?)

not sure what I'll have for dinner. Maybe another 1/2 veggie burger

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Jenny K.
on 2/15/24 1:00 pm
RNY on 02/21/24

I too would like to join the cicadas!

Glad your mom's surgery went well. It's always hard when those we love go under the knife!

I have 1.5 work days left before my surgery so I'm frantically trying to make sure everything is done. Naturally my beloved colleagues have chosen today to send me all the nonsense! Lol! I actually had to send an email to 5 people, giving the ok to give my mail to my backup person and not just let it like up on my desk. Apparently her request to do so was insufficient for the government of the state of Oregon to continue moving forward without me I am not that big a deal, folks!!

Talked to my mom. My parents are planning a trip to Minnesota to visit my dad's cousin Roger. Cousin Roger has not been informed. What could possibly go wrong? Ha!

B - protein shake

S - protein shake

L - protein shake

S - protein shake

D - protein shake

S - protein shake

And 64 oz of non-carbonated, non-caffeinated, under 10 calories per serving thrown in there for funsies!

~Jenny

HW: 270 SW: 245 CW: 235 GW: 165

Queen JB
on 2/15/24 4:24 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

What protein shakes have you tried? Do you have a favorite yet?

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Jenny K.
on 2/15/24 8:31 pm
RNY on 02/21/24

Right now I'm going through cases of Premier. The vanilla is getting way too sweet, but today I put a smidge of orange extract and some water in there and it was better. Chocolate is fine, caramel I used to like but now I'm not so sure, I didn't like the cake batter or the cinnamon roll flavors, didn't mind the cookies and cream, but I really like the chocolate peanut butter!

Aaaaannnnd after surgery I know all that is likely to change lol!

~Jenny

Jenny K.
on 2/15/24 4:09 pm, edited 2/15/24 8:10 am
RNY on 02/21/24

I forgot the QOTD!

My mother wanted to name me Tonia Aagot. Not Tonia like Tanya, Tonia like Toe-nya. I can't pronounce Aagot. My father put his foot down on that.

Then it was Jennie, after my mom's favorite little old lady from the nursing home she volunteered at in high school, and Marie because her middle name is Marie. But Jennie was spelled wrong on my birth certificate so I became Jenny rather than Jennie.

Little did my parents know that seemingly every girl child born in 1972 was named either Jennifer Marie or Jennifer Lynn lol...I was 15 I think before I realized people were talking to me when they called me Jennifer because there were SO MANY OF US. And since it wasn't my name expecting me to answer to it seemed absurd.

~Jenny

Emiepie
on 2/15/24 6:50 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

My sister is 1975 and Jennifer Marie!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 2/16/24 12:03 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I am one of those! In my class we had Jennie, one n Jen, two n jenn and a Ginny. Some of the new names are quite interesting but at least there aren't half a dozen of the same names in a 25 person class!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 320 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 240 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 301 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 75 views
Recent Topics