What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 2/14/24 1:37 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Happy Valentine's Day, My Loves!!!! I hope you all have a wonderful day, whether you are celebrating with a true love, friends or celebrating yourself!

No meme - I have tried for FAR too long trying to get anything uploaded today but it's not happening. I have been compiling all the feedback about glitches you gave on Friday and will send it over to OH today. Anyway, the meme I tried to upload said, "Shoutout to whoever scheduled Valentine's Day to show up just as we are all giving up on our New Year's resolutions." Ha!

I need to get on the road by 6:30am for my mom's rescheduled eye surgery. It'll be about 4.5 hours of driving and 4.5 hours of waiting today, so a pretty boring day. Since I'm not sure when I will get home, Grim and I decided to celebrate Valentine's Day with a quick breakfast out at the diner down the street from us which opens at 5:30am. Breakfast is the most romantic meal of the day, anyway! He also already spoiled me last night with TOO MUCH chocolate from the local chocolatier. I can't upload the pic, but he gave me a big traditional box of chocolates in a heart shaped box. This has definitely been our week of to many treats and bad choices. But next week we need to climb back on the wagon.

QOTD: Did you bring or buy your lunch in elementary school? I always brought my lunch. I was super jealous of the kids who were getting pizza and tater tots but for some reason it never occurred to me that I could have scrounged up $.65 and gotten it myself. My mom always packed me a healthy lunch with a simple sandwich and a piece of fruit or carrot & celery sticks. It never varied.

Is this a menu thread? I have been so bad about planning and today will be even worse, because of this weird day on the road. I really can't wait to get into a schedule again--I am just not self-disciplined enough to keep my **** together when I have nothing going on.

• protein coffee
  • egg & sausage
  • ???
  • ???

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 2/14/24 2:45 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all! Happy Valentine's Day to those that celebrate it! My day started with our pod coffee maker dying. Booo! I made a big pot of peppermint bark coffee and will make some decaf for my mom when she gets up.

Today I have two appointments, one with the pain clinic and one with my peer support pal. I smell trouble brewing with a situation with my peer support. Her boss at the mental health place quit and she's really upset. It's not a problem for me per se but I just hope she stays on board. It's a notoriously high turnover place to work at esp with it being Texas. I've dealt with her boss and he is super super nice and chill.

I still am having some issues with what I think was Covid or the flu. Either way my ears are still stuffy and started popping this morning. I'm over it I can tell you that. My mom also has something but has tested negative for Covid. I saw on my memories on FB that I had the flu 7 years ago on my birthday...gotta love repeat performances! Ha ha. I tested negative for Covid 2 times so it was/is probably the flu. I'll wear a mask today.

my iPad is just about ready to die. It's losing battery power so fast lately. I've decided to save for a Samsung tablet. I get so much more for the money. My current one is a second generation iPad Pro and I love it but can't afford another pro so I am weary of settling for a regular iPad. It's just to pricey though. Money is super tight right now so it'll be a while. I like my phone a lot so I think I'll like their tablets. We'll see if I can qualify for financing

QOTD: usually ate at school. My mom worked nights for a long time, 12 hour shifts so it was easier for her and we got a discounted lunch program. Up until HS food was horrid. Then the choices in HS were better but not healthy choices. I'm looking at you cheese fries.

B: eggs, cheese, crackers and coffee

L: not sure of it today

D: probably soup/stew

have a great day everyone! Thanks for the compliments on the bracelet I posted yesterday. I tried to reply and gave up. Be safe!

Mel

Emiepie
on 2/14/24 5:36 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope you and your mom feel better.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 2/14/24 9:34 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Ron had inner ear issues after covid said it sounded as though he was in a tunnel. They put him on Zyrtec and he was clear in 2 days.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Kakesie
on 2/14/24 3:26 am
RNY on 02/19/16

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYONE!

QOTD: I ate at school. I remember in high school the cooks baked the BEST rolls and many kids would just eat several rolls and butter, instead of lunch. They just melted in your mouth!

B: I ate two mozzarella sticks wrapped with prosciutto. Yummy and good protein!

The rest of the day: No idea.

Have a wonderful day!

Karen

Dcgirl
on 2/14/24 3:59 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

You guys are too cute with your romantic 5:30 am breakfast! DH and I would have nothing to say at that time of day, we would be blearily slumped over the table!

I have the lovely task of taking my car to the inspection station for the mandatory inspection. In most states that means going to a nearby auto shop or inspection place. In dc, there is ONE. One location to serve every single resident of the District of Columbia. With no online reservations! First come, first serve. So we will be twinning with our car time. Well pray to someone I don't sit in line for 4.5 hours haha.

QOTD: my mom packed my lunch and she was always on a diet or health kick so we were the house with dark wheat bread, natural peanut butter, Madewell cookies, fat free ranch, margarine etc. my lunch was always a brown bag of healthy stuff and I was so envious of the kids who got wonder bread with Jif! I think in high school I may have bought lunch. I can't remember! I remember in high school it was sooooo critical to have your friends in your lunch period. Ha.

b: coffee in the car! Then cottage cheese with ebb jalapeño seasoning

l: there's a smidge of pasta with meat sauce left so maybe that, focus on meat

d: I need to plan and get to the grocery. We have some tofu and some chicken sausage and some grilling cheese so I can make one of those up, we also have broccoli and salad and then fries or something for the fam.

Hope everyone has a good day!

catwoman7
on 2/14/24 4:43 am
RNY on 06/03/15

ONE inspection station for all of DC? That is insane!! Sounds like another place where they could use some immigrants (along with hospitals, nursing homes, stores, restaurants, etc...this labor shortage is not going away any time soon!!!)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Teenie
on 2/14/24 9:38 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Your 1 place to get your car inspected sound like somebody's cousin got in there and the government has protected them. Sorry just seems very seedy to me.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Grim_Traveller
on 2/14/24 4:28 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Happy Valentines Day everyone. JB is off to take her mom to eye surgery, and i'm leaving in a minute for PT. I think I only have 3 sessions left after today.

QOTD: I did both. They published the daily school lunch menus the week before in the local paper, or we listened for it on the local radio station while we ate breakfast. If I liked what they were serving I would buy lunch, and if not I would brown bag it. It was maybe 50-50.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Sheila_H
on 2/14/24 9:06 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I saw somewhere that a guy proposed to his fiancée two days after V day. This way every year he gets the discounted candies to celebrate their proposal anniversary. I thought that was genius.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 272 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 320 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 338 views