What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 1/8/24 1:10 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning all! Let's do this, Monday!

I have been up since 2am but I am not tired at all. I woke up 100% ready to tackle the day! The oven is already warmed up and I am going to bake some cookies as soon as I finish this post :)

We got a few inches of snow yesterday. My parents got the jackpot amount in the state with about 15" but we only got a few here. Grim has PT (right in town) at 8am, so we need to finish shoveling him out from whatever we got overnight, first thing. Then we have to drive into Boston for another appointment later this afternoon. It doesn't seem like it is going to be warm enough to melt anything, so hopefully it's an easy trip.

QOTD: Did you watch the Golden Globes? I forgot about it but I read all the highlights (and lowlights) from bed this morning! The dresses were pretty and I was happy about Lily Gladstone's win. We jus****ched Oppenheimer last weekend and I thought it was really good, but I really wi**** had been made as a limited series so they could have told the story with more detail because it was too long as a movie, but still could have used more time. Barbie was robbed--it was definitely my favorite of the year ;) There were a few winners I have not heard of at all (The Bear and Poor Things) so I need to get on that!

Accountability: I fell into a big pile of M&Ms on Saturday night but otherwise I was pretty well behaved.

• Protein Coffee
  • Veg Egg Bites
  • Veggie Burger
  • Pulled Chicken
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

GracielaSusana
on 1/8/24 3:18 am - Ft Myers, FL
RNY on 06/07/21

JB I can smell those cookies baking! It must be heaven to be at your home with all that baking going on. I'm up at the normal time but since I have a cold I am not going in to work. Also I have 3 other dogs I am sitting for and they are keeping me busy, very busy.

I woke up this morning with amseries of tests my rheumatologist has ordered, ultra sound of the liver; and spot urine and a 24 hour urine, yikes. I will have to be home to do that. Dr. Wants it done this week and tomorrow will be the only chance. I am not hauling a jug of urine around with me all day. Just gross.

Food is unplanned by maybe leftover hot dogs for lunch and salmon with broccoli for dinner, nothing sounds good with this cold. Weight wise Everything Is very steady. I am at my lowest weight and don't want to go any lower.

Grace. RNY 06/21 HW 275. SW 265 GW 130 CW 120

Melody P.
on 1/8/24 3:19 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all!

The weather is supposed to be atrocious today. We're under a high wind warning with gust upwards of 70mph. Fairly cold but with the wind they are expecting single digit windchills and maybe sub zero ones. Hopefully we'll be staying home for the most part. I have an appointment on the phone and I'm unsure if my peer support meeting will happen due to the weather.

I am feeling so worn down. Just not good, not sick or anything. My shoulder hurts still and I still need to go get dental work done. They still haven't approved the ablation. I see my PCP later this month and I may ask for an X-ray on my shoulder...I know I need to. I'm tired of feeling so crappy.

QOTD: big no from me. I was in bed right around when it started. I'm also not a big fan of the host this year,

B: eggs, cilantro lime sauce, cheese and coffee x2

L: ????

D: ????

Mel

Partlypollyanna
on 1/8/24 4:35 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Monday! Good for you for being up and ready to go!

I had a good weekend with the right mix of things I had to do and things I wanted to do.

I had bought a stand alone towel warmer at Costco in early December but I had to do some rearranging in my bathroom to put it in there (I don't know when they decided every bathroom has to have a double vanity, I would have been fine with one and a bit more space!) so I combined that with a deep "go through all the drawers, and your makeup and everything else" clean of the bathroom and let me tell you my nice warm towel at the end of my bath last night and my shower this morning was AMAZEBALLS!

QOTD - not in years but I do look at the winners and outfits. There were so very questionable choices yesterday and a couple of out of the park outfits!

Busy day today and we're supposed to have snow off and on all day, but not a lot, only about 4 inches and there's probably an inch out there already. I think today is an elliptical and pilates day in terms of working out.

menu today is

coffee plus half and half X3, at least one with SF pistachio syrup

omlette

pretzel bun slider with ham

I think I have some Irish stew in the freezer and this seems a perfect day for it!

Have a magnificent monday everyone!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 1/8/24 4:45 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I don't get the double vanity thing either. We're never in the bathroom at the same time - it seems like it would be very rare that you'd have to use both sinks simultaneously. I'd much rather have the extra counter space. In fact, when we gutted and remodeled our master bath, I told them that. I think the contractor was surprised since everyone seems to be going for the double vanity thing now. It looks nice, but not as practical.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 1/8/24 5:22 am
WLS on 07/15/22

I like how your version of not a lot of snow is our version of...OMG let's go buy all the bread and milk!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Partlypollyanna
on 1/8/24 5:30 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I think it's tied very close to what your infratructure is used to. I try to help people understand that what we consider a normal day is normal because we have cold weather gear, sand trucks, mag chloride, appropriate tires...but there's like 2 snowplows in all of Memphis so a small snow-ice event will take them down.

Jen

catwoman7
on 1/8/24 4:40 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I thought I'd better check in so people don't think I've completely disappeared. We're still in over our heads with closing out MIL's life - plus my 26-year-old niece was in a car accident on Saturday (the other person's fault. She's fine, but her car was totaled), so I've been dealing with that since her parents live in Nevada and she's just not good at dealing with this kind of thing on her own. I'm taking her over to pick up a rental car this morning. We're supposed to get a big snowstorm tomorrow (5"-12" - which is actually a lot for this area. I'm in Wisconsin, but we don't get lake effect snow - we're on the wrong (or right, depending on your perspective) side of Lake Michigan for that). I hope she doesn't try to get into work tomorrow. The last thing we need to deal with is another accident!!

I've been very stressed and my eating, although not horrible, hasn't been great, either. I really need to deal with this before my weight starts heading into unacceptable territory. Yesterday I was really stressing about selling MIL's higher-end furniture (the old or lower-end stuff I'm fine with giving away). I'm really hesitant to post it on FB Marketplace or Craigslist because of crime (which I know is uncommon, but it happens) - and afraid it won't sell if I just post it on my FB newsfeed or our neighborhood's FB page. But then we came up with the idea of getting rid of the crappy furniture in our basement family room (which we rarely use since there was a new family room added to the main level about 30 years ago) and just moving MIL's better furniture down there...or at minimum any pieces that we can't sell. It might encourage us to use that room more, too. But we have time to figure this out. DH thinks we should re-carpet that room before we do that, but I don't know - I just don't want to do a whole lot of stuff in the house right now with all the other stuff going on. Plus I'd rather not re-carpet while we have four cats. We can always move the furniture out later to the unfinished part of the basement and THEN have it recarpeted.

QOTD: Nope. Too busy.

B: skyr or yogurt with fruit, coffee with half & half

MS: I'll take a protein shake to my film group meeting this morning

up in the air from here on out. At MIL's apt, we have hummus, raw veggies, some low-fat granola (hers - I really like it!), oranges, apples, and peanut butter. There are also some things in her pantry and fridge that we haven't attacked yet.

have a great day, everyone!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Emiepie
on 1/8/24 5:05 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Thanks for checking in. Sorry to hear about your niece's accident. You've got a lot on your plate.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 1/8/24 5:19 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Glad your niece isn't hurt! If the MIL clean out gets to be too much, you could hire someone - household liquidators? My Niece worked for a company for a while that did estate sales and she would go through the houses and select what could be sold and then take care of the donation or junk removal contractors

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 320 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 240 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 300 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 74 views
Recent Topics