Revision to bypass???

Kristie B.
on 9/15/20 5:53 pm, edited 9/15/20 5:58 pm - Surprise, AZ

I just got off the phone with my surgeon. My haital hernia is back...I?ve been telling him that for 2 months now. I had it repaired in July last year. The reflux so is bad. Meds aren?t working. I?m sleeping sitting up again. The reflux destroyed my teeth. He recommended changing from the sleeve to the bypass. He said he can do both at the same time. Has anyone else had this done for this reason? Pros/cons?

Kristie

VSG 12/08/08

RNY 11/09/20

Kristie B.
on 9/15/20 5:56 pm - Surprise, AZ
White Dove
on 9/16/20 4:42 am - Warren, OH

Revision to bypass is the common way to deal with the reflux. In some cases, patients who are not obese are given bypass operations to get rid of reflux. It is the only thing to do when medicines are not working.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Melody P.
on 9/17/20 7:22 am - Amarillo, TX

I had a revision due to GERD, no hernia. It helped a lot with GERD. I also developed an allergy to dairy that caused some stomach issues and I thought the GERD had returned. I don't blame the surgeries at all for the dairy stuff. Now I can eat pretty much any spice. Before the revision I had to sleep propped up...I was so sick!

I'm so glad I had the revision!

BJBD
on 9/18/20 3:53 pm

I have not had a revision, though I did not get approved....sniffle.

I had the RNY 20 years ago. Prior to surgery I had TERRIBLE heartburn. From the day of surgery, I have NOT experienced any heartburn/reflux AT ALL. What a great side effect that has been.

BIGGY
on 9/21/22 9:27 am - Tulsa, OK
VSG on 07/24/12

My story is just like yours. Did you end up getting surgery ? If so, how is it going?

I am so scared of getting my sleeve to a RNY . I am scared of dumpping and portion control. With my sleeve I can tell when I am full and I have read with the Bypass some can't really tell until it's to late.

HW:375 (04/02/12) 
SW:339 (07/
24/12)
CW:244 (11/13/14)

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 329 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 365 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 326 views
What's on your Monday Menu?