Question for Veterans - can help with your RNY history?

Cris1976
on 4/1/19 8:38 am, edited 4/1/19 8:47 am

Good Morning,

I read here many reports of serious complications after RNY.

Please, are there health people 10 years after RNY? Everybody take new cirurgies?

Everyone take problems with your RNY?

Can you share life stories of long term RNYes withouth complications?
I'm very depressed about my future and other visions about RNY can helpme.

thanks!

Dcgirl
on 4/1/19 11:34 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Cris, looking at your posting history, I think you would be better off speaking with a mental health professional. Someone who can help alleviate your unfounded fears. I have seen dozens and dozens of people comment to you that they have never felt better, have no more comorbidities, have lost weight, take their vitamins, are complication free...yet you continue to post here that you are depressed about your future. That can't feel good, and I would love for you to get some help so you no longer feel depressed. Random strangers on the internet likely won't give you what you are looking for. You can continue to come here for support, and should! I have found it to be incredibly helpful to find a group of people who have gone through WLS. However, your depression won't be fixed on OH, and I really hope you can find the help you need.

Cris1976
on 4/1/19 12:34 pm, edited 4/1/19 5:34 am

Thanks, I have a appointment with an new psychologist for wenesdey. The OH helpme so much these dificult days. You are strange angels in my life!

Gina 21 Years Out
on 4/1/19 3:21 pm - Burleson, TX

I answered your post, on the Main Board, but let me give you this picture. These picture are approximately 16 years apart. No horror stories, to report here!

My best "advice", is to RELAX, and stop looking for trouble

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Cris1976
on 4/2/19 7:30 pm

Thanks! You helpme to relax!

CCasey5
on 4/2/19 7:22 pm

Had open RNY July 25, 2002. Have never had any complications. It saved my life.

Cris1976
on 4/2/19 7:27 pm

Thank you so much!!! Hope!!!

mommypj
on 4/3/19 7:50 am

Hi, I had my RNY in 2008 and I'm in the best mental and physical shape of my life. I do crossfit, obstacle course races, 5ks and half marathons. Walking started it all. Walking was a life changer for me.

I would be sitting all bored and sad in my house, doing nothing. and THAT'S the problem, I was doing nothing. Our bodies are filled with little chemicals that activate when we start being more active and I was just letting them sit there, and the negative thoughts in my mind would take over.

I'd like to challenge you to walk every day. There are videos on youtube for free that you can watch in your living room. You march in place for anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour to some silly music.

This is a free 20 minute walk at home video I've done quite often. When I'm done, only 20 minutes later, I feel so much better. I feel like I accomplished something great for my body and mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SSYX8sIOmM

Much love and encouragement. Please try to stop dwelling on the horrible things that 'could' happen and embrace and get moving on the things you have available NOW to take action on. Change your actions and you change your life!

"The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100%"
--Arnold Schwarzenegger

Cris1976
on 4/3/19 10:18 am, edited 4/3/19 3:19 am

Amazing! Your testemony is so happy and full of vitality!

I will pratice the exer****s of video.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 331 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 328 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 324 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 15 replies · 144 views