Preop diet failure

Punxypugs
on 5/12/18 8:56 pm
RNY on 05/14/18

Hi! I'm new here and scheduled for bypass this Monday, the 14th. I have not adhered to the liquid diet my mom passed away and we lost a dog in the past two weeks. Today and tomorrow i am doing liquids.

I've read on the internet if my liver is too big they will sew me back up. Is this true? I should mention that i have lost 16 pounds.

I appreciate any wisdom or advice. If i tell my surgeon this, they will reschedule me, i think.

peachpie
on 5/13/18 3:04 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Sorry to hear about your Mom. Life will continue to throw its challenges to you- and you'll need to find a way to cope that does not include food. Success or failure will lie in how you respond to stress in the long run.

I would be honest with the surgeon- tell him what's going on. Let him decide before cutting into you. Are you sure you're ready to take on post op life while working through the emotions of such a major loss?

You lost the 16# in the two weeks-or in total pre- op? I lost 15 on my two week liquid- (I did eat one meal while on it too).

all the best-

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

ScottAndrews
on 5/13/18 5:13 am
RNY on 03/20/17

So sorry about your loss.

16 lbs is nothing to sneer at. That's a nice loss although I guess it depends on where you start. Very important that you're doing clear liquids only today. You do not want food in your system for surgery.

I never heard about stopping a surgery after they start it.

Punxypugs
on 5/13/18 9:22 am
RNY on 05/14/18

Thank you for the. reply! It m ade me feel better!

Kelli

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 300 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 223 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 289 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 148 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?