*Warning - TMI: Gas, Poop and Pain*

Elissa1103
on 2/22/17 12:46 pm - IA

Hey all!  

It has been a loooong time since I have posted, but I know most of you understand our new bodies better than anyone :)

I am having issues.  I will start by saying I had the Roux-n-y (lap) almost 9 years ago.    

So, I have had issues now for about 6 months with having clear, jelly like stools.  Sometimes, they have a tinge of color (brown or yellow).  Sometimes, I will feel like I need to pass gas and this "substance" comes out instead or sometimes I will think I really have to go and it is just this substance mixed with gas.  I have been having off and on attacks where I have extreme pain in my abdomen. It feels like the worst gas pain ever, to the point where I can't stand up right.  Eventually, it passes.  This past Monday, I had the crazy pain and it lasted for an hour or two, but then it continued most of the day.  It is worse around my belly button area and tender all the way around it.  When I push on it, it is sore and it almost feels like I can move air around.  I do not feel any masses or lumps, just the gas moving around.  This isn't constant, but it seems to be more frequent as of late.  I do have a normal stool once every week or every other week, otherwise things aren't moving a lot.  

On top of this, I am having what I think is wicked heartburn.  It burns right below my breast bone and it makes me feel constantly hungry, yet it is uncomfortable/painful.  

Before I get nailed - yes, I have been to my doctor - who has refered me back to a gastric bypass surgeon, but I can't get in until the 21st of March (I moved out of state and have to start over). But, until then, does anyone have any suggestions?  I just want to go to the bathroom and feel human again!  I know if the pain and uncomfortablness sticks around, just to head to the ER, but I am not quite at that point yet.

Thanks in advance!

ladygodiva1228
on 2/22/17 1:00 pm - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

It almost sounds like you have a blockage of some sort. 

If you are only having  a normal bowel movement once a week or every other week you to get to the ER now.  Not trying to scare you, but serious things can happen. 

Best of luck to you.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

rocky513
on 2/22/17 1:03 pm - WI

Give us an idea of what you are eating.  We may be able to troubleshoot for you.  

Sometimes sugar alcohols can cause the symptoms you describe.  

It could be a food allergy.  Have tried an elimination diet to see if anything you eat might be triggering it?

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

rocky513
on 2/22/17 1:05 pm - WI

Ditto the bowel blockage.  That is serious stuff.  Extreme pain is never normal.

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

Elissa1103
on 2/22/17 1:13 pm - IA

I stay clear of all artificial sweeteners - we are NOT friends.  LOL!  This attack happened after I had eaten an Egg Sandwich (Egg whites, english muffin, cheese)  But, they have happened in the past after tacos, ice cream, and a spinach salad (that I can remember off the top of my head).   No real "trigger" that I can think of.  My husband says there is nothing to go off of because I don't eat that much, but I do eat 3 times a day with a small snack sometime in the morning and sometimes after dinner.  

I have gone gluten free, for a few months, but it still happened to me once in that time frame.  (Just the incredible pain, not the stools)

(deactivated member)
on 2/22/17 1:42 pm - CA

Pain and lack of bowel movements are never normal.  I wouldn't wait too long for your pain increase, and if your BM's were normal prior to 6 mos ago, there is something going on that needs to be addressed sooner than later.  Since you cannot get in to see your surgeon until March, I would go to the ER and at least let them do some diagnostic tests based on your symptoms to rule out any blockage.  I am actually surprised your PCP did not do this already.    

Best of luck!  Keep us updated.  

Nik

ljbarbara
on 2/22/17 2:57 pm

Ditto what the others have said.

I had very similar problems along with a low grade temp. A CT scan showed I had diverticulitis...it's so painful! Please do go to the ER like Nik and the others have suggested.  Whatever this is needs to be diagnosed and treated.

Best of luck and let us know what you find out.

Barbara

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 318 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 236 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 299 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 71 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??