Protein powder brands

Loril1963
on 11/4/16 6:31 pm
RNY on 10/28/16

Any suggestions on a good protein powder?  I'm using Sixstar (choc). The flavour is ok, but I find it incredibly sweet. It only has 2 grms sugar and 30 grams protein which I like, but way to sweet 

CJ On Orcas
on 11/4/16 7:25 pm
RNY on 09/09/16

I use Unjury unflavored.  Mixes in with most things.  I also bought a variety pack of the Syntrax protein powders, some are excellent.  I also love the Click mocha protein coffee powder.  Only 15 grams for 120 calories, though.  I use the Premier Protein chocolate and vanilla heated up in the morning with coffee.  Pretty good and the coffee cuts some of the sweet.

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/4/16 7:43 pm

Click protein powder has too much sugar for me.  Way too much. 

Use good whey isolate. Skip the Click.. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

CJ On Orcas
on 11/4/16 7:52 pm, edited 11/4/16 12:52 pm
RNY on 09/09/16

I usually skip it.  I love it though.  I thought I was buying the chike powder that eggface uses, but that came instead.  Probably should pass it on to my daughter

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/4/16 8:06 pm

When I had that ...I used 1/2 serving for taste..and added more whey.. I hate wasting money... 

I would mix that with unsweetened almond or coconut milk.. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Susan M.
on 11/6/16 5:29 am - Howell, MI

I am 5 1/2 years post op. I used Unjury brand unflavored for 4 years, the best tasting (or best for no taste) that I found since I was very picky out of surgery, I would add Crystal lite mostly but it worked with other things too. I have now switched to GNC brand still unflavored, my tolerance has changed so I am ok with this and it cost a lot cheaper, It doesn't seem to mix as well but I sift the powder first and it doesn't clump then. 

I find it is all individual taste so you just have to try different ones, Unjury sales single packets to try, they even have a chicken soup that is ok, and GNC will let you return if you need to. Good luck

Age 56 Height 4' 11" 

Most Active
Recent Topics