7 Year Surgiversary

JB1114
on 7/8/15 6:12 pm - Grain Valley, MO

Today is my 7 year surgiversary.  I'm so happy I had RNY.  I have regained a few lbs. and can't seem to get them off.  It's been 3 years since I've seen my surgeon so I'm going to schedule an appointment with him.  My PC does my blood work every year.  I did ride my stationary bike for 30 minutes today so I need to do that every day.  Exercise is something I put off because I just don't like it. 

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

AngelaLynn11
on 7/8/15 6:56 pm

If you don't mind my asking how much weight have you lost?  I currently have a lapband but am thinking of getting a revision to an RNY.  My doc said he'd do it for sure and I'm a good candidate.  Can you give me a brief weight loss diary of you last 7 years?  Positives and negatives?  TIA  :)

JB1114
on 7/10/15 5:29 pm - Grain Valley, MO

Sorry for the delay in answering you.  I wasn't able to access OH yesterday and I was gone all day today.

I lost 70 lbs.  My surgeon suggestion a goal of 15 lbs. more, but I didn't work at getting there like I should.  I was so pleased with how I looked and being to shop in the Misses department, I didn't pursue that last 15 lbs.  Now, I'm sorry I didn't.  I maintained my loss until about a year ago.  I got careless with eating, was grazing too much and didn't exercise. 

I really have to negative thought about RNY.  There have been no complications and I'm really happy I did it.

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

Kathyjs
on 7/9/15 6:39 am

Find an exercise you do like because it's such an important part of long term success . Stationary bikes are boring to me. I have a woman who rides bike everynight with me , makes it go fast and before you know it 5-10 miles is gone

bac527
on 7/9/15 7:10 am

Congratulations on your surgiversary! Getting the regain off is tough, but can certainly be done and you seem on the right track to doing it. Good luck!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 326 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 365 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 326 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 322 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 14 replies · 109 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?