Best price for quest bars

Friends K.
on 4/19/15 12:17 pm
RNY on 01/14/14

i love a quest bar in the afternoon but the price is prohibitive. Best I've found is $9.00 for 4 bars or $2.25 /bar. How about you? Where do you get them and are they cheaper online?

5'4" SW=285 PreOp=-13 (surgery @272#,1/14/14), 2week=-12 (260#), 1M=-20 (252#), 2M=-9.5(242.5#), 3M=-18 (224#), 4 M =-10 (214#), 5 M=-11 (202#) 6 M=-11(190.5), 7M=-7.5 (183), 8 M=-6 lbs (177) 9M=-5 (172) 10M=-7.5 (164.5#)

Chilipepper
on 4/19/15 1:08 pm

Be careful eating too many of them. They were sued last year for mislabeling the products. Google it

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

chulbert
on 4/19/15 11:22 pm - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

Being sued is not an indication of guilt or wrongdoing.  Lots of people and companies are sued and prevail.

That said, I've looked into this lawsuit a little bit and it essentially comes down to, "How much of the fiber they use is digested and how does that affect the calorie count?"  I don't have an answer because the answer is, "It depends."  According to the nutrition panel, Quest's answer would be, "A little bit," and the lawsuit alleges, "More than that."  Time will tell.

However, even if Quest is in the wrong the worst outcome is that their products go up a few calories and the fiber goes down a few grams.  They would remain one of the best protein bars out there (and I don't even advocate the use of them).

Chilipepper
on 4/20/15 12:00 am

Please, you don't need to educate me on the legal system  

You go right ahead and enjoy. They are not the same product that was originally sold 7 yrs ago. I am not willing to give my money to a company that may or may not have lied. 

With those calories going up and the fiber going down... The carb level going up. I have no proof what these bars actually are. So for all the struggling people trying to keep track of their carbs, you do the math! That is common sense. 

I get my protien from food not bars. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

chulbert
on 4/20/15 12:14 am, edited 4/20/15 12:15 am - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

So do I, which you would know if you read my post more closely.  I simply though others might benefit from learning a little bit about the actual point of contention and potential outcome.

And if you're not willing to give any money to any company that might have lied at any time, well, I wish you the best with that.

Chilipepper
on 4/20/15 12:29 am

I did read your post. Did you read mine originally? I just advised the OP not to eat to many because the were being sued for mislabeling. I never told them not to eat them. I just was people to understand the ramifications of knowingly eating a "health bar" when the company's credibility is being brought into question. 

A few extra calories and a few more carbs might be ok for you. Many post ops, not so much. 

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/19/15 1:13 pm

I dump in them. My BS goes really high...then ir crashes in RH. Not fun. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

sleevedin2014
on 4/19/15 1:37 pm
On April 19, 2015 at 7:17 PM Pacific Time, Friends K. wrote:

i love a quest bar in the afternoon but the price is prohibitive. Best I've found is $9.00 for 4 bars or $2.25 /bar. How about you? Where do you get them and are they cheaper online?

The price IS prohibitive for Quest Bars.  If you buy them online, you may purchase them on sale, but pay the shipping charges.  They are the best nutrition bar out there, in my opinion.  Regarding the lawsuit against Quest, I did Google the info......absolutely nothing came from that lawsuit.

lynnc99
on 4/19/15 2:11 pm

Right now GNC has "buy 3 get 1 free" on Quest bars - still comes out to $8.97 for 4. 

I use bars sparingly but the Quest bars in original flavors/formulations are my favorite - NO sugar alcohols and a pronounceable list of ingredients! 

Cooter N.
on 4/19/15 2:15 pm

I have seen then on sale on Groupon 

Surgery 2/3/15 Band to RNY Hw:272 CW:262   

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 317 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 234 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 298 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?