osteopenia

kjg
on 5/19/14 1:28 pm - ND

Does anyone out there have osteopenia.?  If so what are you doing for treatment?  Doc wants me to take proli or foxamax  side effects of this two drugs are bad.  Any info would be great

Ladytazz
on 5/20/14 3:59 am

I was diagnosed with osteoporosis.  I was given an infusion of Reclast 2 years ago and when I had my follow up DEXA last year the osteoporosis had reversed and there was a great deal of improvement.  I had another infusion last year and I think I will have one more this year and then every 2 or 3 years.  I can't remember the exact recommendation but my doctor always lets me know.

Anyway, the day after the first infusion I felt like I wa**** by a truck.  I could not get out of bed.  It was horrible.  I was told that it was normal and the good news is that I shouldn't have that happen again.  The next morning I got up and I was completely  normal.  That was the total of any kind of reaction.  The infusion itself was easy, a few hours and I was on my way.  I had the second one last year, got up and forgot I had it.  No reaction at all.  

My endo is very pleased and feels that as long as I keep up my calcium and D I should continue to improve.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 317 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 231 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 297 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 150 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 60 views
Recent Topics