Another surgery :(

Quinnherd
on 11/18/13 6:45 am - MA
RNY on 09/30/13

I'm 7 weeks out from my RNY and am doing well with diet and weight loss (down 49 lbs). I had a problem 2 weeks ago and had to have a relapsed fibroid removed in emergency surgery. I seem to have recovered well from that as well. For the past 2 weeks, however, I have had awful pain in my upper abdomen and into the right side. I had an ultrasound yesterday and my surgeon told me its my gallbladder. She saw a large stone just over the bile duct and wants to remove my gallbladder on Wednesday. I'm ready to be rid of the pan and nausea, but I'm truly concerned having 3 surgeries in 7-8 weeks. Has anyone had back to back surgeries?

sorry for the long post...

SteveWebb
on 11/18/13 6:50 am - NC

I have on a finger injury that eventually led to amputation, but aside from that I haven't.  I did have my gallbladder removed and it was good riddance!  I was miserable while I had it and dealt with the pain.  I know it's a lot but I recovered quickly and I bet you will too and then you will really start feeling good.  I pray the Lord blesses you with good health and a quick recovery.

Quinnherd
on 11/18/13 10:13 am - MA
RNY on 09/30/13

Thanks so much. I'm praying for a quick recovery as well. Scary times...

MrsLitch
on 11/18/13 10:17 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

I would have rather had it back to back. I had 3 surgeries in less than a year. June rny, Dec hernia, May gallbladder and scar tissue removal. It seemed every time I was feeling like my old self I was back under. I'd rather get it all done and move on once.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

illinois Gama D.
on 11/18/13 10:59 am

last year I had foot reconstruct in august

total knee replacement in September

gallbladder out in November

it totally sucked the life out of me for months, BUT I was having a lot of different health issues and went into the last two quite ill, good luck,  to you,:)   big hug!!!

Rny 2003

come join the new R&R 3.0, where the fun is:)

PetHairMagnet
on 11/18/13 11:06 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Abdominal surgeries, no...but I have had multiple orthopedic surgeries in a short period of time and my younger son had 6 surgeries in 5 months on his leg (they were trying to save it from amputation after a jaw dropping, freak accident) and did just fine with that, as I did with mine. If you tolerate the anesthesia well and the doctors are not concerned about past effects of medications, then I'd not be worried and just be glad they caught it before too long. I have known people to have MONTHS of issues before the gallbladder came out.

Hugs to you-I am sure this is NOT the path you were looking to go down in your journey!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

QoftheU
on 11/18/13 12:12 pm - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13
Did they save your poor son's leg? Makes me so sad to hear that. I hope he's improved.

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

debramontoya
on 11/18/13 11:09 am
RNY on 10/28/13

I had knee surgery end of May, another knee surgery mid July  EGD  in beginning of oct and ryn end of oct.  It will be ok, make sure you rest and be good to yourself.  

TurnThePage
on 11/18/13 12:22 pm

Many people have multiple surgeries in a short period of time such as after a bad car accident.

My doctors all signed off on shoulder replacement surgery six weeks after RNY.  From what I know of gall bladder problems, I think you will be glad to do this sooner rather than later. Wishing you all the best.

Ocalasam
on 11/18/13 10:07 pm
RNY on 12/18/12

I only had RNY in Dec and gallbladder removal in Oct.  The gallbladder was seriously NO BIG DEAL at all for me.  I was practically back to normal in 2 days.  I know everyone heals differently, so it might be different for you, but the gallbladder was surprisingly a piece of cake.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 320 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 240 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 300 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 75 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 75 views