Whey Protein Shots

Melanie C.
on 10/10/13 12:52 am

Does anyone use the Whey Protein Shots? I had lap band surgery 4 years ago and was unsuccessful with it and working towards having gastric bypass. I would sometimes use them when I felt I didn't get enough protein in for the day. Ill add the nutritional information at the bottom of this post. Is it something that I will be able to continue using after the surgery?

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 2.90 fl oz
Servings Per Container 6
Amount Per Serving
Calories 110 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0 g 0
Trans Fat 0 g  
Sodium 65 mg 3%
Potassium 30 mg 1%
Total Carbohydrate 1 g
The Salty Hag
on 10/10/13 12:54 am, edited 10/10/13 8:12 am
RNY on 05/20/13
Is that the Yes,Whey , New Whey or another brand?

ETA: If that is the Yes,Whey brand, it's fine. It's whey protein isolate. The other brand uses collagen-which is no bueno for RNYers.

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

_Donna_
on 10/10/13 12:57 am

I'm pretty sure that's the wrong kind of protein. Not all proteins are created equal. I think it needs to be a whey isolate, if i'm not mistaken.

RNY 5-5-2011

luvmyhubby55
on 10/10/13 1:44 am - SC
luvmyhubby55
on 10/10/13 1:46 am - SC

Hubby started using these after his surgery week and a half and doc approved them, he just doesn't want him using just these to get his protein in.

poet_kelly
on 10/10/13 2:25 am - OH

What brand did your husband's doc approve?  The Yes Whey?  Or one of the others that is mostly collagen  protein (which we won't absorb)?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

mitza83
on 10/10/13 2:05 am
RNY on 05/21/13

I use them daily.  Sometimes twice a day.  Since my surgery my system can not handle protein shakes for some reason so my dietitian advised me to use these so I can get the protein that I need.

poet_kelly
on 10/10/13 2:24 am - OH

what brand are you using?  If it's mostly collagen protein, you won't get the protein you need because you won't absorb it.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

mitza83
on 10/10/13 2:26 am
RNY on 05/21/13

no I make sure all the protein that I buy and use is not collagen protein.

poet_kelly
on 10/10/13 2:24 am - OH

As another poster said, it depends on which brand you are using.  If it is the Yes Whey brand, that is all whey isolate and is a good choice.  If it's one of the other brands that is mostly collagen protein, it's a waste of money because you will only absorb a tiny amount of it.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 295 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 220 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 288 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 147 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 220 views