2 Year Surgiversary!

HeatherP1978
on 9/18/13 1:30 am

I'm a few days late in posting this, but I just wanted to update my success in my weight loss journey.  I went into surgery weighing 268 lbs and as of the day of my anniversary (September 14) I weigh 145 lbs.  I have gone from a very snug size 18/20 down to about a size 5/6.  Hoping to get some plastics done, but even if that never happens, I am still very happy with my results and my new lifestyle changes.  Wishing the very best of luck to everyone that is just starting out on their journey!

P.S.  I apologize for the dirty mirror!

tdbull
on 9/18/13 1:45 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
WOW You look amazing. Congrats. I am only 5 weeks out and feeling very discouraged. Have been in a stall for 1 1/2 weeks and know I shouldn't panic, but that is exactly what is happening. I have 40lbs more to lose and the scale just isn't moving. If I can look like you before the honeymoon period of over I would be ecstatic. Congrats to you.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

HeatherP1978
on 9/18/13 1:54 am, edited 9/18/13 1:55 am

Thank you!! :) Stalls are a very normal  part of the process...I know you  probably keep hearing that over and over but trust me, they are!  Just keep your head up and keep doing what your doing! :) 

karenp8
on 9/18/13 1:58 am - Brighton, IL

You have done great! Congratulations! And to the other poster-everyone has stalls,but as long as you stick to the rules and don't give--you will get to goal!!

Larry Wassmann
on 9/18/13 2:08 am - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12

HOT, HOT. You don't need plastic, you look great already. And speaking as a man, if you have a little sag here and there, in a bedroom no man is going to care. You look just wonderful. Great Job

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

Roo33
on 9/18/13 2:25 am - OH

Thank you for sharing!! I weighed close to that when I started (just 3 weeks ago lol) but its amazing and encouraging to see this! You should be so proud! I am and I've only lost 24 pounds! :) Congrats!

Justcallmesuz
on 9/18/13 2:30 am
RNY on 05/08/13

You look great!

HW~278

CW~131

GW~160

NurseBrandy
on 9/18/13 2:38 am

You look great! I have surgery on Monday, we kinda have the same pre op build. My question is how are your legs? (If you do not mind answering ).Im most worried about my thighs, if they will tone up and not have excess skin. Other areas as well, but wondered about legs. I know that everyone is different and age has alot to do with it. Im 35 : ) When did you start working out after surgery? Do you have any regrets about having the surgery?

HeatherP1978
on 9/18/13 6:07 am

I'm 35 also :)  Honestly, I have never adapted a workout routine.  I have done the couch to 5k program tho.  My thighs, tummy and arms and chest are very sad looking.  I really don't think that working out would have improved my excess skin any.  As far as my thighs, I dont have hanging skin or anything like that, but they are saggy and wrinkly.  I do have muscle tone that is visible in my arms but I still have the batwing effect underneath.   I wear shapewear every day, all day, under my clothes.  I wear longer shorts and I stay away from tank tops.  As far as regrets, I have none.  I think this was the best thing I could have ever done for myself and for my children. :)

-Babydoll-
on 9/18/13 2:44 am - Racine, WI
RNY on 08/08/13
Congrats on your success! You look great, hopefully I lose enough so my body looks half as good. :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 212 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 257 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 304 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 266 views