I got thanked for my honesty.

Ingrid K.
on 9/21/13 1:22 am - Canada
I was taking my son to school the other day and one of the moms came over to me and said I was a fraction of the size I used to be. (It is nice to hear that I will humbly admit) I thanked her and when she asked how I did it I told her I had wls. She seemed quite surprised and asked me a few questions about it. I told her about this web site and told her I had researched the hell out of the different surgeries. She asked why I decided to get it done and I told her that I got really scared when I began developing a lot of health problems and I needed help. She thanked me for being so honest about it. The part that got me was that she would always get so discouraged when people said exercise and cutting back because she could never do it. She had battled weight issues all her life and finds it extremely difficult to loose weight. I had admired this woman from a far because she seemed really confident and put together (she is about the size I used to be). It made me feel great that me being honest with her allowed her to open up to me. That was a great day!!!
TomN
on 9/21/13 1:55 am
RNY on 12/27/12 with
Nicely done...congratulations!

Ingrid K.
on 9/21/13 2:10 am - Canada
Congratulation to you!!! I see you have only a few pounds until your goal. Well done :)
Amber S.
on 9/21/13 1:57 am - VA
RNY on 08/21/13

Way to go!!!

Ingrid K.
on 9/21/13 2:10 am - Canada
:)
TXKashmir
on 9/21/13 2:50 am - Grand Prairie, TX

Way to pay it forward, Ingrid - we need more people like you in this world!

Debbie
Keeping track of my progress without a scale...Starting size: 28-Current size: 6-Goal size: 14

sand SAND...it's not a club...it's a frame of mind...

Ingrid K.
on 9/21/13 4:28 am - Canada
Aww, thank you :)
Oxford Comma Hag
on 9/21/13 3:21 am
My hat is off to you. I have seen the desperation and disappointment ( and felt it myself preop) when the answer was diet and exercise alone. It is important for the world to know that diet and exercise alone doesn't cut it for all of us.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Ingrid K.
on 9/21/13 4:31 am - Canada
I could definetly relate. I think that is why it meant so much to me that she shared some very personal feelings back to me. Take care :)
karenp8
on 9/21/13 3:33 am - Brighton, IL

That's why I have always told people about my surgery even if it wasn't really any of their business. If I could  answer one persons questions or encourage them in any way I would be proud.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 295 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 220 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 288 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 147 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 220 views