Daughter iron fusion, anyone do them monthly?

Nanook609
on 8/22/13 3:18 am, edited 8/22/13 3:22 am

My daughter has been low in iron before.  She had RNY 5 years ago and two years ago had her first iron fusion out of the country.  She had gone to the hospital for an infection  and when they did blood work found her to be severely anemic and gave her an iron fusion.  Since then she went back to her bariatric doctor and had blood work done and is still anemic and was yesterday went for an iron fusion here and was told she may need them monthly.  Has anyone else had to do this monthly or do you think this is extreme?

rthomas
on 8/22/13 3:52 am - bham, AL
Ive never heard of them giving it monthly i had one laat yr and this yr and my iron is still low sometimes.
H.A.L.A B.
on 8/22/13 5:14 am, edited 8/22/13 5:14 am

Depends on a person need and how the doc want to help her.  There are some people that need it monthly,  versus large dose once a year... maybe that doc thinks it is better for her to get them monthly.. ? 

I had mine done 2 times - both times series of 4 and that brought my levels up - only to drop a few months later.. I may need one now.. (just got labs done)  

If she menstruate - she may need them monthly to bring her up slowly..  who knows - maybe that is a better way than 4 in one week or 4 in 4 weeks.. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 1 replies · 10 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 291 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 337 views