Vitiams

Laccygurl
on 8/16/13 9:59 am - Paso Robles, CA
Well my doc got my three month blood work. Only thing she wants me to take more of is B complex. I go in at the end of the month for my 3 month fallow up. Feeling great.

Laurie
HealthyHaley
on 8/16/13 11:49 am

I take Bariatric Fusion...it has all my vitamins in one chewable :) check it out!

kinny09
on 8/16/13 11:58 am - New York, NY
RNY on 06/11/13

They mean B-complex, Bariatric Fusion makes a regular multivitamin, an iron supplement, B-12 sublingual and dry D3.

OP Bariatric Advantage makes a good B-50 Complex in capsule form. I have taken it twice but for whatever reason my nutritionist told me I didn't need it with everything else I'm taking (questioning that!). Good luck!

HW: 306         Day of Surgery: 299         Current Weight: 172

poet_kelly
on 8/16/13 9:46 pm - OH

Bariatric Fusion isn't sufficient for a multli, either. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

saterry
on 8/17/13 5:14 am - IN
Revision on 10/03/13

You  take ONE Bariatric Fusion ? That's all the Vitamins you are required ?

For your sake PLEASE check the percentages again.

SRVG 1997 SW 301   Revision to RNY 10/3/13 SW 247 GW 130  Ht 5'8

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/17/13 5:23 am, edited 8/17/13 5:26 am - OH

One Bariatric Fusion Vitamin doesn't even come close to meeting the vitamin supplementation recommended by the ASMBS. The dose is ONE pill FOUR TIMES daily. Even that doesn't meet it for ALL things.  You would need EIGHT a day to meet the ASMBS recommendation.  

Also, you cannot absorb the oral B12, and most of the calcium is calcium carbonate, which we don't absorb well either.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

PetHairMagnet
on 8/17/13 3:02 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Did you personally review each of the labs and determine where you fell on the scale? If something is 'normal' from 10 to 80 and you are a 10, I would treat that differently than if you were a 65, know what I mean?
And too often it seems doctors will say 'all is well' and truthfully, there are issues. I have only been on this site a few months, but I have already seen that time and time again. 

If you did not personally review and understand all your labs, please get a copy and at least share here for input if you cannot see your doctor for a 1:1 consultation.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
Recent Topics