Tomorrow is my big day

lmc614
on 7/16/13 1:06 pm

Tomorrow is my big day.  Go in for RNY at 5:30 in the morning.  Thought I would be a little more nervous than I am but so far so good.  Cannot wait to startt my journey.

Beyl689
on 7/16/13 1:20 pm - Gonzales, LA
RNY on 07/11/13

Good luck!! I'm 5 days out and like you I was just one ball of excitement the night before. I never got nervous in preop when they were starting ivs or anything. Then my family got to come back to see me before they took me back and they was all crowded around me asking questions and I started sweating and got so anxious I had to make my mom take those no slip socks off my feet and let me sit up before I freaked out. I felt totally out of control and scared, mostly of being under anesthesia. After everyone but my mom left I calmed down and before I knew it they gave me something to calm me down and rolled me into the OR and they were about to make me scoot onto the table with the cutest guy nurse having to pull the gown out from under me lol then one of the girls in anestesia was holding the oxegyn mask on me and I swear she wasn't paying attention bc it was like sliding into my eye lol next this I know I'm waking up in recovery. It was the craziest thing ever but it was actually a little cool now that I think back.  I hope they don't make you do a swallow test the next day bc I had to do that so that meant I could have anything to drin****il they did the test and got results back which took forever! I hope you do well and I wish you luck!! Hope to hear from ya soon!!

tdbull
on 7/16/13 1:30 pm - WA
RNY on 08/13/13

Sending good thoughts and hoping you have an easy recovery.  Can't wait to hear of your post op as I am scheduled for surgery soon.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

Athlynne
on 7/16/13 1:53 pm

Good luck, you'll do great. Bring throat lozenges! Can't stress that enough.

"I'm pleasant, but I have issues." - MST3K

Start weight: 290 lbs.
Current weight: 205 lbs.

Surgery date: April 15, 2013

Tina Mendonca
on 7/16/13 3:27 pm - Merced, CA

Good luck, Sweetie! Welcome to your new life! I was the same way. I actually was very excited that my heart rate was pretty high. They had to give me something to calm me down! lol!  I am 3 years post-op and have had many adventures.  If you ever need someone to talk to or just to vent, I am here and this site is full of so many supportive people. Blogging helps a lot and the message boards are awesome. My prayers are with you on your new birthday for a speedy recovery. Please remember to walk to keep from catching pneumonia, but also remember...you don't get credit for the number of laps, but the amount of times you get up to move around. lol!

Tina Mendoncawink

Mira59
on 7/16/13 4:26 pm - NY

Best of luck to you!!!!

lmc614
on 7/16/13 6:54 pm

Thank you everyone for your support!!!  This is a great site.  I'm on my way to the hospital in a few minutes.  Will try to post soon to let you know how I'm doing.  Let the adventure begin!!!!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 319 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 240 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 300 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 72 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 72 views