7 years out and gaining weight. Need inspiration

KayAnderson
on 4/1/13 6:51 am

I am looking for inspiration. I had surgery in 2006, was very successful and kept the weight off until 1 year ago. I started an anti-depressant and shot up 35 lbs in 6 months. That was on top of the 15 or so that I had gained after hitting my low weight, and I was ok with that extra 15 from my low, since I had gotten pretty thin. However, 50 lbs up from my low is NOT OK! Now, even though I had kept most of the weight off, I had let foods back into my diet that I shouldn't have. Now, I'm trying VERY hard to get the weight off again and am having one hell of a time. I'm very upset. Very discouraged. I've been trying for about 5 months with little to no results. I almost feel like it can't be done. I'm looking for someone to tell me it can, because THEY HAVE DONE IT! I want so badly to hear from someone, who lost the weight, re-gained, and was successful at taking it back off again. If this is you, please write! Everyone who I was in contact with on my message board back in 2006-2007 has also re-gained, so I've heard. This makes me even more discouraged. And to those out there who think it cannot happen to them, PLEASE be careful to not let "bad" foods creep back in your life. I was 5+ years out and thought I was in the clear, running around in my size 6-8 pants. And now....miserable. HELP PLEASE!!

Diminishing Dawn
on 4/1/13 8:44 am - Windsor, Canada

Hi there :)

I'm Dawn.  I'm just about the same time frame as you. I gained 27 lbs of regain...and now am back down to around 5 over my lowest so I'm doing okay. Working on getting those 5 lbs off.  I have a facebook group called "WLS Regain Positive support" and a bunch of us long timers post every day, give reports on how we are doing for accountability. Come and join us :)

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

illinois Gama D.
on 4/1/13 8:56 am

I am  going to copy & paste cajun girls reply for a similar  post ( well that didnt work so well)

1 protein first

2 complex carb

3 no drininking with meals or 30 minutes after a meal

4 track your intake

5exercise

back to basics, good luck, u can do this!! , Denise

Rny 2003

come join the new R&R 3.0, where the fun is:)

KayAnderson
on 4/1/13 11:41 pm

Hi Dawn. Thank you so much for your post. I would love to join your FB page, but many people where I live now don't know about my surgery, and I don't feel like announcing it. If I join the group is it obvious to others? I'd love to hear how you got 22 lbs off!! I'm on day 2 of just protein shakes. I'm hungry. I have a headache. But I am proud of myself. Ugh.....

Diminishing Dawn
on 4/2/13 12:28 am - Windsor, Canada

You can create an account that is an alias :-)

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

KayAnderson
on 4/2/13 12:44 am

Hummm, not  a bad idea....

cajungirl
on 4/1/13 8:53 am
I'm 8 years out and maintaining. It's definitely more work now but staying on top of it and remaining active in the WLS community has kept me on track.

It's doable I see others lose regain but it won't be easy. If you are on FB join Dawns group I'm in another group she owns on FB and the long-termer support is amazing.

Surround yourself with others that can give you the extra support.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

KayAnderson
on 4/1/13 11:44 pm

And I know you, Cajungirl. You were one of my supporters back when I had surgery in the TX forum! And I met you in TX at a get together in Houston :-)  Most of our "group" is GAINING I hear. It is so discouraging!!!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 308 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 226 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 292 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 148 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 226 views