I DID IT!!!

campingmama
on 3/5/13 11:41 pm - IN

I did it!!! Was my first conscious thought after surgery on Friday! I finally took control of my life with this awesome tool of WLS. I finally got to come home yesterday. I slept so good last night! I've been up for 2 hours and I'm still taking pills. Soon it'll be time to start on the next batch. lol But I don't care. I want to get on the scale, but I can't because I am SO swollen from all the IV Fluids. I find I have to eat SO SLOW! Like longer than 30 minutes slow.

I also am finding I have NO energy. If I take a shower, I need a nap. If I take a walk, I need a nap. That's frustrating. I can't wait til I start losing!

Good luck to everyone!!

I will care for my body so that I can feel the pleasure of being fit & fully alive as I grow older.                  

Esta F.
on 3/5/13 11:44 pm - IL
RNY on 07/25/12

CONGRATS!  It gets better!

karenp8
on 3/6/13 12:57 am - Brighton, IL

Don't step on the scale for a bit so you don't get discouraged. I weighed for the first time at my first follow up appointment which was like a week out. Congratulations!

jwski1957
on 3/6/13 1:00 am

congrats on your new beginning. It is worth everything, there are ups and downs but stick with it and it is all good, in the end it is great!!!  I wish I had done it along time ago. I was tired too it gets better and soon you will be able to exercise more and you will feel better. It is a great gift you have given yourself, the choice to get healthy and be all you can be. Good for you, all the best.

selhard
on 3/6/13 2:05 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

You did it.  Yes, the first few weeks, my naps were sometimes up to 3 hours long. At 3 months out, I don't nap at all.  When I called the Weight Loss Surgery Center nearest to where I live to inquire how to start the surgery process, I couldn't get words out because I was so emotional after 25 years of being too afraid to make that first call.  The voice on the other end first words were, "Can you walk?"  Those three words have stuck me--yes, I could walk but, thanks to RNY, today, I can run.  All the best to you.

Moorilla
on 3/6/13 4:32 am - TN
RNY on 03/12/13

Yay!  I can't wait until Tuesday when I can say the same.  I am sooo nervous in some ways, but pumped and excited at the same time.  Maybe psych care should be a continual part of the WLS process, at least until 18 months.  We actually have a psychologist/psychiatrist (not sure which) who facilitates a monthly support group affiliated with the COE where I'm having surgery. 

I know you're glad to be home and have some rest.  Best wishes to you for an easy recovery! 

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 306 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 225 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 291 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 148 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 225 views