What are you doing/eating today? TGIF!!

Stephanie M.
on 2/14/13 11:20 pm - Los Angeles, CA

It's Friday, everyone! Get excited! I have a very laid back easy day today. I just teach kickboxing at 3, and get to catch up on homework and cleaning besides that. Maybe even do some shopping! :) Should be fun, and definitely relaxing.

Eats for today:

Breakfast- shake

Lunch- shake

Snack- shake

Dinner- (gasp) another shake

My weight has been plateau-ed in the 160's for the last year or so, which I am okay with. I just like to do a short fast every once in a while when it creeps up a few pounds (for example, I've been maintaining about 167 the last month or so, whereas 6 months ago I was 162). So I'm just flushing it out for a few days. It also helps me if I become re-addicted to food, which sometimes seems to happen. 

Have a great day everyone! 

Neen L.
on 2/15/13 12:10 am - Arlington, VA

Happy Friday! Really looking forward to spending the long holiday weekend with my husband and the dog. We don't really have any plans other than maybe going out to lunch and cleaning out some clothes to give away. I'll probably go to a few yoga or meditation classes and visit the farmers' market.

But for the most part, it's just going to be fun to watch movies, cook fun stuff, and hang out. I got an extra pound of butter in my farm delivery this week, so I might make croissants or some other pastry for us one morning. Making breakfast is one of my favorite things to do and I only ever have time on the weekends. Oh! And finally time to make some good chicken stock from all of the bones collecting in my freezer from various meals.

Food today should be pretty straightforward: Water and coffee during the day, either beer braised pot roast or taco night for dinner, then yogurt, leftover roasted broccoli, kashi protein bars, an egg, and probably a few bites of lemon cake for snacks throughout the evening. I'm getting closer to a 19/5 IF split these days because my husband gets home from work later and I wait for him to have dinner. It's not too bad, but I may start having a yogurt when I get home from the office to keep myself from grazing.

Happy (almost) weekend everyone! Have fun.

Long-term post-ops with regain struggles, click here to see some steps for getting back on track (without the 5-day pouch fad or liquid diet): http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/bananafish711/blog/2013/04/05/don-t-panic--believe-and-you-will-succeed-/

Always cooking at www.neensnotes.com!

Need a pick-me-up? Read this: http://www.lettersofnote.com/2009/10/it-will-be-sunny-one-day.html

juleskar
on 2/15/13 1:05 am
Stephanie--your menu looks like mine for today. At least I don't have to do any cooking! I've been dealing with too many carbs in the last couple of days, so I'm doing a couple of shake days to get them out of my system. Happy Friday!!
Debbie W.
on 2/15/13 1:24 am
RNY on 12/11/12

Not my usual day....

Protein shake 118 cal

same for lunch

dinnner - going out for crab legs wink

nfarris79
on 2/15/13 9:40 am - Germantown, MD

Doing: clients for most of the day, then 6.25 mile run, then grocery shopping

Eats:

B- greek yogurt, coffee & tea

S - protein shake

L - celery sticks

S- another protein shake

mid-run: 2 GU chomps

D - cheese stick, roasted chickpeas, hot "faux-co" ( heated unsweetened chocolate almond milk with splenda & fat free whipped topping)

It's way too early in Lent to be this stumped on food choices. I think I need to prep some veggie egg bakes & shrimp to be ready for Fridays and not undershoot my calories so badly. I think Ash Weds & today topped out at 1000 cal each day. Though I did indulge yesterday, so it all evens out.....

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 362 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 276 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 206 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 300 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics