HELP....Going to GNC and Vitamin Shoppe

brenlee1965
on 2/6/13 10:49 pm - New Berlin, NY
I have not been getting in my protein and I need help. I don't care for the THICK milkshake, foamy taste & texture of them.....My doc thought maybe things like ISOPURE (more watery rather than milky).....I am looking for ideas of things to try. Suggestions needed, please!!!!
 Bren                
(deactivated member)
on 2/6/13 10:58 pm
RNY on 04/18/12

I like Isopure.  You mix it with water and it goes down easily for me.  My favorite flavors are Strawberries and Creme and Pineapple, Orange, Banana.

Soundmankc
on 2/6/13 11:32 pm

I honestly cant stand the taste of ISOPURE. I think it has a nasty after taste. Maybe try to find an unflavored Protein that you can add to a soup or broth?

madeformore
on 2/6/13 11:33 pm - MN
RNY on 06/21/12

I like Jay Robb mixed with Crystal Light. And my fave is Atkins Advantage - they are premade and I LOVE the Mocha Latte flavor. They have others too. They are not thick at all, which was my issue too. They don't have quite as much protein as some tho. Good luck!

Amy

HW: 270   SW: 245   CW: 172  GW: 160 then we'll see  

poet_kelly
on 2/6/13 11:45 pm - OH

You might like the Isopure or the Cytomax.  Both are sort of like Gatorade, I think.  I think both have a metallic aftertaste, but I thought the Isopure was better than the Cytomax.  You can dilute them with water or crystal light if you want to, but then of course that gives you more to drink.  I like the Isopure smoothies better.

Have you tried putting protein powder in things like yogurt or pudding?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

mpjones
on 2/7/13 1:32 am, edited 2/7/13 1:32 am

I really like the Premier premade shakes. They are easy to drink--not at all thick and I add sugar free syrups like caramel, coconut or hazelnut to it. You can get them at Sam's Club, Walmart, Cosco or Meijers. they have 30 grams of protein and 160 calories.

angeleigh
on 2/7/13 3:44 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

I personally drink the GNC Lean shakes, premade. I cant stand the powder stuff, i think they smell funny and get really foamy.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 319 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 239 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 300 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 72 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 72 views