Joint Pain

DannyBoyDVG
on 12/30/12 8:28 pm - AR

So this past week or two every morning when I wake up my knees and all finger joints are very stiff and hurt like hell. Anyone have this issue...if so how did you fix it? (If it helps at all 6'3 11 months post op HW 380 CW 189).

CarolF3
on 12/30/12 8:32 pm - Albany, NY
RNY on 12/17/12

Maybe arthritis? Is it cold out? the cold weather will bring that out. Try a heating pad/warmth. Take some Tylenol.

Carol

DannyBoyDVG
on 12/30/12 8:35 pm - AR

Yea its just starting to get "coldish" here its been in the 50's for the most part but this last week we got our first snowfall and its been in the teens and 20's at night and in the 30's during the day. I would have never guessed arthritis im only 25 :'(

MsBatt
on 12/31/12 7:25 am
On December 31, 2012 at 4:35 AM Pacific Time, DannyBoyDVG wrote:

Yea its just starting to get "coldish" here its been in the 50's for the most part but this last week we got our first snowfall and its been in the teens and 20's at night and in the 30's during the day. I would have never guessed arthritis im only 25 :'(

I was dx'd with arthritis at age 20. Heat helps, and you can talk to your doctor about LidoDerm patches. Sadly, NSAIDs are problematic since you have an RNY.

Larry Wassmann
on 12/30/12 10:06 pm - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12

Yes my right hip area feels like it is broken sometimes. It is hard to pinpoint the area but I think it is arthritis as the weather has turned cool here as well. I took some Acetaminophen and it helped a little. I also used one of those Icey patches and it helped some as well. By the way do not use Acetaminophen on an empty pouch. I did and barfed everything up. devil

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

groovykg
on 12/30/12 10:16 pm - VA
RNY on 02/27/13

Grains promote inflammation.  Maybe try to avoid grains for awhile and see if it helps.

Dave Chambers
on 12/30/12 11:28 pm - Mira Loma, CA

Arthiritus can strike in younger adults too. I had a very vibrant young lady I knew years ago. She began symptoms at age 30--she had purchased a couple of cats from me.  She called me 3 years later or so, and it was really surprised at what I saw.  She had to wear high laced boots for ankle stability, he back was in misery. She said she had to sit on the floor, as she found it difficult to get up from a couch. I watched her in agony, as she "wriggled her back" against the front of a couch to get to a point where she could use her hands to eventually get upright. She was in constant pain, and could not even drive to get groceries. She relied on friends to take her to Dr. visits or to get her groceries.  Not a very pretty sight. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

thynnlynn
on 12/31/12 3:43 am - MI

Hi!  I am 60 and in the process of becoming metal woman.  My arthritis started in high school.  Heat is the only thing that helps me.  We bought a huge 5th wheel and were supposed to winter in the SW desert.  We did last year and I have no idea why I am in this painful, frozen tundra now.  Yes, I do.  Grandchildren.  One with a severe emotional attachment to grandpa.  Hopefully, in a few years..........

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

(deactivated member)
on 1/1/13 6:35 pm - New York, NY

Among the most typical places for joint pain to happen with osteoporosis are the returning and waist. Compression bone injuries and poor joint positioning are frequently the problem with returning problems, and weak muscle surrounding joint parts can be the cause of joint pain in the returning and hip joint parts or can intensify it. Workout, ideally under the guidance of a physiotherapist, can aid in treating that joint pain, building up muscle for better joint pain relief and operate.Osteo osteoarthritis, osteoarthritis, or attacks are all typical causes of joint pain.

A variety of medicines can decrease joint pain due to osteoporosis. Over-the-counter joint pain medicines, like advil, pain killers or naproxen are often the first drugs suggested by doctors. If they aren’t powerful enough to relieve joint pain, narcotic anaesthetic may be used for acute joint pain, while serious joint pain may be treated with prescription osteoporosis medicines, such as Miacalcin, Calcimar, or Fortical.

(deactivated member)
on 1/2/13 3:56 am

Try all natural supplements like My Perfect Bones. They will feed your joints and articular cartilage, reduce wear and pain.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 303 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 223 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 290 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 148 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 223 views