Complications

anik19
on 11/24/12 5:27 am - Canada

Ive had surgery August 2011, I am still having issues with eating, throwing up often enough. I had complications after surgery which led to removal of the galbladder and also having a feeding tube from sept 2011 to feb 2012. Now I can only eat about 2 ounces in a sitting, which i find is very odd. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I'm in need of help!

Anik B
Surgery date: August 18 2011
Surgeon: Dr David Starr 

Price S.
on 11/24/12 6:02 am - Mills River, NC

I hope you are still in contact with your surgeon.  Usually by now, folks are eating at least 4 oz.  I hope you are concentrating on protein, still using protein suppliments, eating every few hours, keeping your liquids up.  Usually a GB removal doesn't mean a feeding tube.  Sounds like you had a lot more going on and need medical advice instead of just support, but we can certainly be here for support as you work your way thought the process. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

(deactivated member)
on 11/24/12 7:18 am

Why did you have a feeding tube? have you talked to your surgeon why you can only eat two ounces at a time? As the previous poster said, we sure can be here for support but these are questions you should be talking to your surgeon about.  Have you been having your labs done routinely?  Again, have you told your doctor you have been throwing up? Please call Monday and set up an appointment.  You really, really need advise.  Best of luck, Jane

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 11/24/12 7:59 am, edited 11/24/12 3:59 pm - OH
Yeah, what Jane said. Something else must have been going on in addition to the gallbladder issue if you required a feeding tube for 5 or 6 months, so maybe that issue has not been resolved or something related is going on.

You need to see your surgeon or a gastroenterologist who is familiar with post RNY anatomy ASAP!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

LawyerMom3
on 11/24/12 10:23 am - Huntley, IL

I had a stricture which didn't get repaired until about 4 months post-op...after that it was so much better...only now at 11 months out am I able to eat 4oz of food at a time (and that is only about half the time as I still get sick).  Take it easy as it will get better

anik19
on 11/24/12 11:41 am - Canada

im still not sure why i couldnt keep food down, after surgery i couldnt keep anything down which is why i had the feeding tube. i see my surgeon in february and probably wont be going out there till then even though i probably should. i have been doing better then before but i still do get sick quite often. 

Anik B
Surgery date: August 18 2011
Surgeon: Dr David Starr 

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 317 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 235 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 298 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 67 views