Hernia?

Pears678
on 10/30/12 9:47 am

Hi All!

Has anyone ever had an internal hernia? I have had pain in my left upper abdomen, near where my drain was post-surgery and where the intestines are brought up to meet your old stomach. I had every test known to man kind, as well as an endoscope and my surgeon said things look great in my pouch area and thinks it's an internal hernia. The only way to diagnose it and fix it is through laparoscopic surgery, has anyone had these similar symptoms? Or had this surgery before? What's recovery like?

Thanks!

Carol S.
on 10/30/12 9:50 am - Milwaukee, WI

Not an internal hernia but your old standard one under my scar (had open RNY).  Outpatient surgery, minimal pain, went running at 2 weeks out (slow but I ran) and started working out at 11 days post op (Jillian Michaels and my Tread Climber).

Carol

SW/276 CW 150 GW 185

9 Years out.

jkjstars123
on 10/30/12 11:01 am - Tama, IA

I just had surgery Oct 5th for an infected mesh (from a previous hernia). It was suppose to be out patient or just overnight. However when he got in there it was a mess. My intestines were pushing through the wall, not where they were suppose to be and twisted & kinked. Then they discovered a internal hernia behind my intestine. I believe they call it a Peterson's hernia. Also i had to have a revision (RNY to RNY) because the roux was all twisted and in bad shape.

I had pain in the middle of my abdomen for quite some time but it would come and go. Finally I got a large bulge and the pain never went away. I had a Cat scan but nothing showed up and I heard the internal hernias often don't show up.

My surgeon said I had a very major surgery and I was lucky to not loose some of my small intestine.

Julie

HW 304, SW 291, GW 160, CW 140 H-5'9.5"            

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 307 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 226 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 292 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 148 views
Recent Topics